**** The Official Google Pixel 3 Thread ****

Soldato
Picked up the stand along with the XL and straight off the bat this phone sits better with me than the Mate 20, just seems a better user experience, cleaner and lot more less bloat as to be expected. Also good to type on a flat display, highly rate the Mate 20 Pro but found hitting keys near the edges a nightmare.

Time to see if my Pixel has any issues, oh and would have preferred a black charging stand.

Soldato
Both my pixel stand and the Samsung wireless charger that I got with my S9 Plus charge the p3XL rapidly....I thought it was meant to be slower with non google chargers.

Soldato
Both my pixel stand and the Samsung wireless charger that I got with my S9 Plus charge the p3XL rapidly....I thought it was meant to be slower with non google chargers.

There's a software bug meaning that all wireless chargers show 'charging rapidly', but will only do 5W. You can see the difference for yourself if you want by installing the Ampere app and seeing the mA charge rate.

Soldato
I don't get why gestures are forced on the pixel 3. I am using on my pixel 2 to get used to it but just don't get the need to force it ? Am I missing something ? But why no choice ?

Soldato
I really like the features on the Pixels. Admittedly Google could probably have implemented it a bit better but overall I prefer it. Especially the swipe right on the pill to get to your last app, that is so much handier than pressing the recent apps icon and then selecting. When I was trying the Note 9 out I found myself pawing at gestures that weren't there since it's still on Oreo.

Soldato
Especially the swipe right on the pill to get to your last app, that is so much handier than pressing the recent apps icon and then selecting

You know even before gestures you just double tap the app switch button to go to last app? No need to go into recents :)

Just starting using the 3 XL as my daily from today. I do like the flat slab-o-glass-phone feeling it has. Makes it feel very wide and thin, but that might just feel like that because the Mate 20 Pro is a really thin, rounded device.

Soldato
I'm definitely getting the speaker buzzing issue on pixel 3 XL , apparent on piano type music.

Apparent on these http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pokLtJWiT6E&list=OLAK5uy_nhpAUz8YUvL4FJWwVWQtDL8x4rje0J0rQ
Never noticed it until that vid slight hiss sound that's ONLY coming from the top speaker not bottom on the reg 3. Doesn't bother me watched plenty of vids and it's never been noticeable.

I've got used to the gestures already and really like it. Just want the back button moved to the right.

Last edited:
Associate
Anyone using a Spigen rugged armour car with small pixel 3 found a screen protector that actually fits well? I had a great one on my P2 that had cut outs at the top so can and speaker grill weren't covered. Makes getting on so much simpler.

Cpwh do one but it's like £25.

Back
Top Bottom