**** The Official Google Pixel 4 Thread ****

Soldato
With the p5 I have not seen enough yet so not disappointed. If it uses older soc and the price reflects that I will weigh up the option. What I am not going to do is get a new contact. Definitely switching to SIM only

Soldato
i really dont understand why you think we're upset with the p5 when it's not given a single piece of information confirmed. tbh i'm more excited for the p5 than i've ever been before for a pixel phone, thanks to the 4a. make the 4a, but premium and i'm happy.

Where did I imply anyone was upset? I actually said:

So those who usually buy the Pixel but might not be happy with what the Pixel 5 offers

I.e. when it comes out and if people aren't happy with what they see, where will you move to?

The device isn't that far away, even by Google's admission and whilst the current leaks may or may not be true, I don't trust Google to learn from their mistakes.

Soldato
Where did I imply anyone was upset? I actually said:

I.e. when it comes out and if people aren't happy with what they see, where will you move to?

The device isn't that far away, even by Google's admission and whilst the current leaks may or may not be true, I don't trust Google to learn from their mistakes.

I will probably stay on the 4XL if the 5 is not a worthy update and limp through another year. Oneplus9 maybe. I just need to see a better camera from them.

Soldato
Well if Google stick to old rules that haven't been working for them with 5, I'll just get a Poco F2 Pro imported for £300 as stopgap until next wave of phones.

EDIT: Render leaks from semi reliable source, according to 9 to 5 Google

I think one concern here is that the camera array looks identical to 4 so still looks to be a dual camera setup?

Most common rumour at the moment though is September launch.

Last edited:
Associate
D847575-A-B9-CB-4-B56-BC58-B8969311-AD2-F.jpg

Yeah so this happened. lol

Associate
I have had my Pixel 4XL for almost one week now. Its a great phone and I have hammered it. Im looking for a smartwatch to go with it and I have narrowed it down to the Fossil Gen 4. I only need it for basic notifications etc. Any one got any experience with smart watches linked to the Pixel 4 ?

Soldato
I have had my Pixel 4XL for almost one week now. Its a great phone and I have hammered it. Im looking for a smartwatch to go with it and I have narrowed it down to the Fossil Gen 4. I only need it for basic notifications etc. Any one got any experience with smart watches linked to the Pixel 4 ?

I am using a cheap o £25 honor band 5 for exercise. Waiting to see the fruits of Google / Fitbit because there are none so far. Fitbit does not even sync with Google fit unless you use a 3rd party app.

Still hoping for a pixel watch

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I have the gen 4, although I'm not using it at the moment as I've gone back to a normal watch.

I didn't have any real issues, random battery drain now and again, other than that it was all good. I keep meaning to put it on the MM.

Associate
I am using a cheap o £25 honor band 5 for exercise. Waiting to see the fruits of Google / Fitbit because there are none so far. Fitbit does not even sync with Google fit unless you use a 3rd party app.

Still hoping for a pixel watch

Yeah I'm hoping for something from Google too. Also I want some wireless headphones . Is the Pixel Buds any good ? Currently use Samsung Buds but I find them uncomfortable after about an hour wearing them. I didn't mind the OnePlus Buds when I had them, but I don't have the Nord anymore. Anything else out there that can give good sound in a comfortable package ?

Soldato
I literally have the 2020 Pixel Buds in my ears at the moment (I'm trying to trigger this new firmware update). IMO they're fantastic. I also have the Jabra Elite Active 75t though, which were my bud of choice... just... until this Pixel update... maybe...

I love how well integrated the Pixel Buds are. Reading notifications etc. They are also just so comfortable.

The Jabra's perhaps sound a little better (but not much in it, before the bass boosting Pixel update anyway). They also have better software with an equaliser (coming in this damn Pixel update, lol) and pass through is really quite cool. They don't fit quite as well as the Pixels though.

Soldato
I am still on the Samsung buds I got from you Andy in the MM .. I run 5k three times a week with them and use daily when walking the dog. They seem to do the job for me. I am interested in the pixel buds but will wait for some special offer or black Friday / Christmas

Soldato
I use the WF-1000XM3s and they're fantastic in regards to sound and ANC. I also use Bose SoundSport Free for running as the WFs aren't really designed for sports due to lacking any form of IP rating and the tips not having anything like a hook to give a secure fit.

I would like to upgrade the Bose at some point, mainly for multipoint/simultaneous connection so I can listen to music from my phone but also hear the audio feedback from my watch.

Associate
I think I have decided to get a Pixel 4a when it finally gets released.

Where is everyone planning on getting it? I've been a Samsung user for the last 8 years and to be honest they have been great when I have had issues with my phone. The last issue I had on my Galaxy S8+ they repaired my screen burn and replaced my battery in a few hours while I went and shopped for the day.

I can't be without my phone for days on end if I do encounter an issue and I don't want to keep a backup phone either...

I have registered my interest with Google and I was planning on preordering with Google. Thinking about it am I just better off ordering from John Lewis or somthing, any issues within the 2 years I should have a better resolution to the problem rather than sending a phone off to Google to be repaired.

How's your experience been of Google with regards to repairs etc?

Soldato
not sure i would consider a 4a if the 5 is not much more. i would be waiting to see what the 5 has and it's actual price point

google send you a new phone if you buy from them first and then you send yours in.

Soldato
not sure i would consider a 4a if the 5 is not much more. i would be waiting to see what the 5 has and it's actual price point

I copied the following text from the Google website:

"Google phones are going 5G. Pixel 5 and Pixel 4a (5G) supercharge the helpfulness of Google with an extra boost of speed. Starting at £499."

Since it mentions both the 4a (5g) model and the Pixel 5, I'd assume that the "starting at £499" price is for the cheaper model, that being the Pixel 4a (5g). From that, it seems extremely likely that the Pixel 5 will be priced higher, which would take it into a completely different price bracket to the £349 Pixel 4a.

Soldato
Yeah expecting it to be between £649 and £699, but even if I decide on getting it then Black Friday sale is only 2 months away from its announcement.

Back
Top Bottom