**** The Official Google Pixel 4 Thread ****

Associate
i had to watch a "whats new in android 11" video to find the differences :D
I never looked into any of the beta notes or anything about Android 11. Updated last night all excited to try out the new stuff and like you said I had to watch a video to find out what it was :D
Bit of an letdown really. I do however like the new power button menu with the home shortcuts in there. Used it loads today.

Associate
4a is live.... Just had the email saying "Ready for your Pixel 4a (128 GB, Just Black, Unlocked)" Buy Now. Excited...........
But then you go to buy it on the site and it says "Pre Order" :rolleyes:
Add it to basket and then checkout then it says Delivery 2nd October. The pixel 5 will be out a month after I bet.
Another pass from me :(

Soldato
A 12 month contract for this phone is available (check hotukdeals) and if the cashback pays and you can use the £50 voucher, it makes the phone £200 if you value the 72gb data as being worth £120 over the course of the contract.

Associate
I'm going to wait on the 5 release before I make a decision but one of these newer Pixels (4a, 4a5G, 5) will be my next phone. Still find my Pixel 2 to be great for most stuff, runs snappy, photos great etc, but I find the earpiece volume too low (might be my age :)) and the battery could be better.

Associate
4a is live.... Just had the email saying "Ready for your Pixel 4a (128 GB, Just Black, Unlocked)" Buy Now. Excited...........
But then you go to buy it on the site and it says "Pre Order" :rolleyes:
Add it to basket and then checkout then it says Delivery 2nd October. The pixel 5 will be out a month after I bet.
Another pass from me :(

Would have bought this if we could have had it back in August. Not waiting till October. Will see what the 5 brings to the table.

Soldato
I can't help but be a bit confused by the Pixel 5 rumours/news, they have supposedly made it cheaper, and reduced specs compared to flagship phones of other brands, isn't this just what the 'a' versions do? Why can't they stick to making a high-end flagship to compete directly with the iPhone / Samsung phones and keep the 'a' range for targeting the mid-range sector?

So far I have had the 2XL,3XL & 4XL - supposedly there is no 'XL' version of the 5... Again,why!?

Associate
I can't help but be a bit confused by the Pixel 5 rumours/news, they have supposedly made it cheaper, and reduced specs compared to flagship phones of other brands, isn't this just what the 'a' versions do? Why can't they stick to making a high-end flagship to compete directly with the iPhone / Samsung phones and keep the 'a' range for targeting the mid-range sector?

So far I have had the 2XL,3XL & 4XL - supposedly there is no 'XL' version of the 5... Again,why!?
This ^
And what's with the 5s?
Rumours saying it could be a higher specced version?
But if there are 2 versions of the 5, why not keep with the naming of 5 for the higher end model and 'a' for the lower spec?
I was hoping there would be a decent model with a screen at least as large as my 2XL.

Back
Top Bottom