**** The Official Google Pixel 4 Thread ****

Soldato
Wife's 4a arrived this morning. Looks alright but I can't stand the lack of the 3 buttons at the bottom of the screen. Didn't have long a play but no idea what your supposed to do now.

Phone came in a huge box along with a balloon and money off voucher.

those buttons went about 2 years ago... don't tell me you cant find the headphone jack ?

Soldato
those buttons went about 2 years ago... don't tell me you cant find the headphone jack ?
Funny my op7 has them. Sorry for not buying a phone every year.
Anyway what do you do for the 3 buttons actions then, especially the app screen I use that the most to switch between apps.

Soldato
Buttons are so much faster.

I disagree. To go back to the last app for example, swipe right along the bottom of the screen from the middle. Keep swiping again to go back more apps. It can't really be any quicker than that. To go through all apps could be a split second slower, swipe up and hold for a second. Mind you, some full screen apps, I guess you have to tap the screen, wait for the buttons to appear, than press your chosen button, which is a little long winded.

Soldato
I disagree. To go back to the last app for example, swipe right along the bottom of the screen from the middle. Keep swiping again to go back more apps. It can't really be any quicker than that. To go through all apps could be a split second slower, swipe up and hold for a second. Mind you, some full screen apps, I guess you have to tap the screen, wait for the buttons to appear, than press your chosen button, which is a little long winded.
Nope buttons faster. I have a few apps I have pinned that I use, so they're usually at the beginning. So to swipe back could be annoying, swipe and hold is not faster than tap a button.
Also no mention of multiscreen how do you do that without buttons?

Soldato
Again, to get to last app (which is what I do most and I suspect most people do most) swiping right along the bottom is faster (or at least definitely not slower). Your use for what you want is faster... that's great, my point being, why would Google hold progression for your specific use case if that's the minority? The rest of us prefer a nice full screen with fluid quick gestures. You still have an option to bring buttons back too! I'm not sure what you're complaining about tbh?

Soldato
What would you call it?
You said he was complaining that he could do both, he wasn't as he wasn't aware and now knows, but continued the conversation as to why he felt one was better than the other. That's what I take from it. Once explained you can have both (my preference is also the older button style) I don't see him complaining about this

Soldato
Not complaining at all just my views on it and why I prefer buttons.

The fact you can change it back means it's a non issue for me. Just thought it was a permanent change.
I'll not mention anything else I don't like.

Back
Top Bottom