***The Official Guitar Thread***

Caporegime
Keep it, you will only regret selling it at some point and they have gone up
Massively in price. I regret not buying one about 4 years ago!

Are you still looking for a LP?

I just came across a missed labelled 2004 Gibson Les Paul Special with humbucker for £500-ish. It looks like he has priced it to reverb's range on the lowest end but not taking into account of the recent price hike in the market.

Soldato
Are you still looking for a LP?

I just came across a missed labelled 2004 Gibson Les Paul Special with humbucker for £500-ish. It looks like he has priced it to reverb's range on the lowest end but not taking into account of the recent price hike in the market.

Thanks for the message the guy is crazy letting it go for that price someone could buy it and sell it again a day later for probably a couple of hundred quid profit! Sadly I'm a sunburst or nothing guy with a Le Paul (pathetic I know the colour doesn't change how it sounds!)

Soldato
I'd be interested if I had the money but mrs ik9000 would have my nads right now given the money involved - and she'd be right to be fair. Sigh. To be fair though she did just buy me a Boss HF2 that I'd wanted for a while so I'll have to concentrate on that and pretend a cheap LP doesn't really exist.

Soldato
I have in my hand a boss HF2. Sadly I'm busy this evening so probably won't get chance to try it out until the weekend. Be interesting to see what it brings to the party vs a standard BF2

Soldato
what’s your most expensive pedal?

I think the BigSky is probably the most I’ve ever spent on a pedal, it’s good though and it does all the reverbs you can think of but in a way it’s also very very “tweak non-stop” kind of pedal, so you end up spending ages tweaking instead of playing which is why I got the Staegazer.

The Cali76 is most expensive pedal I own. Still enjoying the Cali!

I just see Anderson’s have released some limited edition road worns.

https://youtu.be/-gBXm06D0kY

Love the candy apple red, if it was rosewood fingerboard I think I’d be finding it hard to resist. Purple tele is nice, but I think if I was to get a tele it would have to be in butter scotch.

Caporegime
The Cali76 is most expensive pedal I own. Still enjoying the Cali!

I just see Anderson’s have released some limited edition road worns.

https://youtu.be/-gBXm06D0kY

Love the candy apple red, if it was rosewood fingerboard I think I’d be finding it hard to resist. Purple tele is nice, but I think if I was to get a tele it would have to be in butter scotch.

I saw that video today, I’m sooooo glad I got mine 6 months ago otherwise I would have got that Daphne Blue. But then mine has a RW board and Custom Shop pickups for £300 less! The tele I have my eyes on is actually the USA limited Broadcaster at £1800....

Man of Honour
OP
Raymond once I move house and set up my gear and get up to speed we need to have another “jam”. I’m sure you have a zillion new guitars these days... how many do you have now? All of my stuff is in storage at the mo!

Caporegime
Raymond once I move house and set up my gear and get up to speed we need to have another “jam”. I’m sure you have a zillion new guitars these days... how many do you have now? All of my stuff is in storage at the mo!

Erm, I have 8, I think, I think it’s 8...lol. I think when I lent you the PRS I had 7, the Strat is the new addition.

Man of Honour
OP
Lol, your pinky alone is still better than me!
Hah I doubt it, really rusty now!

I’m using a powerball everyday to strengthen my wrists in the absence of having a guitar... will see how that goes.

Really want to knuckle down and push my boundaries. I remember thinking a certain riff was absolutely impossible at full speed and after months and months of practice... I could do it.

Looking forward to re-exploring it all :)

Soldato
I have that problem. I just can't seem to get past a certain speed. There must be a trick to it as I'm practicing but there must be a more effective way as I'm not making much progress.

Soldato
I saw that video today, I’m sooooo glad I got mine 6 months ago otherwise I would have got that Daphne Blue. But then mine has a RW board and Custom Shop pickups for £300 less! The tele I have my eyes on is actually the USA limited Broadcaster at £1800....

That Daphne blue is nice, but yeah it's all getting a bit silly. I do like the CAR, but pau ferro I do not care for at all. Spending a grand on a Mexican made guitar is a bit nuts. Nothing against Mexican made Fenders, I have a Mexican HSS strat and I really love it, has a really nice neck that feels great to play, I'll never sell it, it was my first nice guitar. I paid £300 for it in mint condition 3 years ago and these prices are just getting stupid.

Edit: argh.. that Broadcaster is nice!

Last edited:
Caporegime
That Daphne blue is nice, but yeah it's all getting a bit silly. I do like the CAR, but pau ferro I do not care for at all. Spending a grand on a Mexican made guitar is a bit nuts. Nothing against Mexican made Fenders, I have a Mexican HSS strat and I really love it, has a really nice neck that feels great to play, I'll never sell it, it was my first nice guitar. I paid £300 for it in mint condition 3 years ago and these prices are just getting stupid.

Edit: argh.. that Broadcaster is nice!

I know someone had a Custom Shop heavy relic version, the only difference I see besides the wood selection and sandpaper job is the custom shop comes with a complete spare control plate wiring for the old wiring for you to swap around but the USA version only comes with a spare capacitor and you need to do all the wiring yourself.

Soldato
I know someone had a Custom Shop heavy relic version, the only difference I see besides the wood selection and sandpaper job is the custom shop comes with a complete spare control plate wiring for the old wiring for you to swap around but the USA version only comes with a spare capacitor and you need to do all the wiring yourself.

I read that the old wiring sounds pretty bad, not heard any examples yet so shall take it with a pinch of salt. Definitely a nice guitar and I like the attention to detail, tempting!

Back
Top Bottom