***The Official Home Recording Studio Thread***

Soldato
Dammit i made a noob mistake. I bought a Focusrite solo to record my guitar progess but after having a play around it seems its not able to output recordings through my pc speakers.
Well, you can do that but when i tried it was very juddery and sounded quite bad. Could i plug my pc speakers into the interface?

Caporegime
OP
Dammit i made a noob mistake. I bought a Focusrite solo to record my guitar progess but after having a play around it seems its not able to output recordings through my pc speakers.
Well, you can do that but when i tried it was very juddery and sounded quite bad. Could i plug my pc speakers into the interface?

it has line outs on the interface....so yes you can connect powered monitors to it...

Soldato
I like that, Mags. I'll reserve it for when I'm in the mood and give it a proper listen.

Does anyone here have a live/jam hardware setup? I dipped into it last year with a mixture of old kit I had and new, and although my setup is quite limited, I'm really enjoying it - possibly more because of working live within the hardware limitations.

I have mainly Korg kit - Monologue, Volca Keys, Electribe S mk2, KP3, through an old Soundcraft Notepad mixer into the PC audio only (I also prep samples on the PC before uploading to the Electribe, obviously).

Soldato
This is a little rough and is still in draft but would appreciate any thoughts:

https://sugarcandy.bandcamp.com/track/bluth

Sounds really good on these crappy laptop speakers!

I haven't really done anything in ages. Remixed a few older tracks. Hoping to record a few covers next month though.

I last recorded a band around a year ago! I haven't really had the time though to be fair.

Soldato
I wonder if you guys can offer some advice. Bit of an impulse buy on Amazon here -

KxTL3Hlh.jpg

I can stick a few to a wall in front and behind me (should I craft mount or command strips?) and to my right is soft curtains, but what do you suggest to have them hanging to my left? I tried to find a longer strip of foam that I would just clamp on a light stand, but could only find squares.

Caporegime
OP
I wonder if you guys can offer some advice. Bit of an impulse buy on Amazon here -

KxTL3Hlh.jpg

I can stick a few to a wall in front and behind me (should I craft mount or command strips?) and to my right is soft curtains, but what do you suggest to have them hanging to my left? I tried to find a longer strip of foam that I would just clamp on a light stand, but could only find squares.

Need pics of you desk and room.

Soldato
Tbh, it's an area of carpet that I'm asking about. How I would 'hang them'? I've got a light stand and clamps coming today, I'm wondering with them being so light I can simply tape them together along the back and hang them from the stand... I'll perhaps post a pic once I've tried and you can maybe see what I mean.

Back
Top Bottom