Supports DisplayPort over USB type-C
£699 https://www.htc.com/uk/go/buy-htc-u12-plus/

HTC-U12-1526587283-0-12.png

DSCF0817-1024x683.jpg

Last edited:

hux

hux

Soldato
Second highest dxo score from what I see.
It I buy I'll wait a couple months, it'll be lower than £500 for sure, £699 is a bit rich for what it is.

Soldato
I've really liked some HTC devices in the past and the specs on this seem to tick a lot of boxes!

Shame there is no wireless charging but its not a deal breaker and I'd want some real life reviews of the camera before jumping in!

Definitely one to keep an eye on!

Soldato
They just had to over complicate the basics. Those pressure sensitive power and volume buttons looked terrible in the MKBHD review.

Overall the rest is solid, nothing super standout other that the sexy blue back.

I don't think this will be enough to keep HTC alive much longer. A shame as they had so much potential.

Associate
OP
They just had to over complicate the basics. Those pressure sensitive power and volume buttons looked terrible in the MKBHD review.

Overall the rest is solid, nothing super standout other that the sexy blue back.

I don't think this will be enough to keep HTC alive much longer. A shame as they had so much potential.

All they had to do was release it earlier and price at least £150 less.

Soldato

The Register have declined to review the U12+ until the first update, as there are major issues with the haptic controls. HTC have acknowledged the problem and made correcting it their top priority, which is why the Reg are giving them the chance to sort it.

Soldato
The Register have declined to review the U12+ until the first update, as there are major issues with the haptic controls. HTC have acknowledged the problem and made correcting it their top priority, which is why the Reg are giving them the chance to sort it.
Fair do's.

It's shouldn't have got past the testing phase to begin with. Hopefully they fix it proper and promptly.

Associate
I've got one on pre-order with HTC so hoping they do ship it soon. It will replace an ageing original HTC One which is starting to die as the battery heats up regularly and occasionally the whole thing shuts down and wont restart unless plugged into a charger. I hope the U12+ lasts as well, I generally like the build quality but am a bit apprehensive of a glass phone too big to fit in my pocket!

Soldato
The Reg posted their review finally, and it's not good. PSBs are wonky, EdgeSense 2.0 doesn't work properly, and without that there's nothing to recommend it over any similarly priced phone.

Soldato
Yeah doesn't make good reading but the general direction smartphones are heading now seems to be all about fixing things that aren't broken...

Removal of headphone jack
Move to 18:9 form factor
Obsession with "bezel-less" design (which only Samsung have got right but then screw it up with the pointless edge screen)
And now replacing mechanical buttons...

What a time to be alive!

Back
Top Bottom