• Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters
Caporegime
If Labour gets less than about 250-260 seats, they won't even try and form a government regardless of whether they can the coalition to make the numbers. The lack of legitimacy would be too disabling and do them too much long term damage.

Soldato
SNP will have no power though.

Its a large block to be courted or to ensure a powerful voice in parliament no matter who is in charge.

keep in mind im not scottish or SNP supporter but its pretty clear why its happened even discounting residual anger from the independence vote etc

Soldato
If you lived in a certain part of the country which you felt was getting a rough deal compared to the rest, and there was a strong party whose ONLY ambition was to make things better for that part of the country then I can certainly see the attraction. If you lived in Cornwall and you felt Cornwall was getting a rough deal and suddenly there was a party for Cornwall, I wouldn't be surprised if they go a lot of votes.

The idea of having a party with ONLY regional interest as part of a ruling party just doesn't make any sense to me though

Soldato
Its a large block to be courted or to ensure a powerful voice in parliament no matter who is in charge.

Bare in mind im not scottish or SNP supporter but its pretty clear why its happened even discounting residual anger from the independence vote etc

I think it's pure nationalism with a party promising things they will never be in a position to give. That sentiment you mentioned achieves nothing of substance.

It is the electorate's right to do that, but Nicola sabotaged Labour and that's backfired.

Caporegime
Why are we still using this backwards system of putting a cross on a piece of paper and having them manually counted?

Shouldn't we be totally electronic now for results in seconds? Why are elections still in the stone age?

Man of Honour
Why are we still using this backwards system of putting a cross on a piece of paper and having them manually counted?

Shouldn't we be totally electronic now for results in seconds? Why are elections still in the stone age?

A lot of fear about fraud with electronic voting.

Back
Top Bottom