*** The Official iOS 13 Thread ***

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

I just don't like it. Light on dark seems very unnatural to me.

what do you mean light on dark?

Surely in dark mode, everything would be dark? I can understand it if some apps are light and some dark but if generally everything is 1 or the other its fine

Commissario
what do you mean light on dark?

Light text on a dark background. I thought that was pretty self explanatory.

KgHBc2t.png

When you look at a book or a screen that's not in dark mode, it's dark text on a light background. Reverse it and you get light text on a dark background. It messes with my eyes.

Soldato
I’m all in on the dark mode these days, especially after going OLED but I can see why people don’t like it.

I find it much better to use at night now.

Soldato
Strange issue, wonder if anyone has had the same issue.

Whenever someone messages me on messenger, I get the notification come through but then I also get one from Facebook telling me I have a message, what’s even more annoying is if I have the chat open and someone replies, I still get the Facebook notification come through :(

Caporegime
Can’t see myself ever going back to normal mode ie light mode. Dark mode is superb and much easier on my eyes. Just glad WhatsApp now has a dark mode too as that was the only thing bothering me.

Associate
Just installed iPadOS 13.4 on my iPad Air 2. Have paired my Logitech keyboard and mouse via Bluetooth to give that a go - seems to actually work pretty well so far. I can see it making a big difference on the iPad Pro in terms of productivity options. When apps start to bake in specific support for mouse I think it’ll be an even more compelling reason to switch to an iPad from a traditional laptop for a lot of people.

Soldato
Am I going mad or have they changed messages in the chat app to have them bounce and move now when scrolling?

I've not noticed it before and now it looks so weird. I don't really want to turn reduce motion on though as I prefer all the other contextual navigation animations.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

ios 13.4 is here. Download now from OTA.

memoji, files, mail, app store, arcade, carplay, aug rel, keyboard and security updates.

Mostly useless stuff for me, I heard the battery life was terrible on the beta but I hope they fixedf that on the final version

Soldato
Since installing 13.4 on my XS last night the telephone number is using a US format when I enter it.

For example, if I enter '01234567890' it should display as '01234 567890' (and did prior to 13.4) but it's showing like this:
RcOp4c4.png

Language and region settings are correct but I've toggled them to US and back to UK but it made no difference. Dial assist is off but turning it on makes no difference

Any ideas anyone? It might seem like a minor thing but it threw me a bit when I went to make a call last night.

Soldato
Yeah, rebooted it a few times after changing region and language.

I just updated my work phone to 13.4 and that isn't doing it. So I guess it's a setting that's causing it but it's odd that it wasn't doing it prior to 13.4.

Back
Top Bottom