*** The Official iOS 13 Thread ***

Soldato
Im talking about the new iphone thats coming out, the 12.

I really don’t think that’s the case - after some testing and more reading, seems entirely down to Bluetooth. I turned mine off this morning and I’m on 94% still after a phone call and some browsing.

It would be interesting to hear from those that are experiencing the same if they are using Bluetooth.

If you are, turn it off in settings and see how you get on :)

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Would love to see how far his devices software support goes back, does the manufacturer / software provider support 5-6 year old Phones.

I have an iphone 7 plus lol. Its still supported in updates, but my battery life has never been worse. Its almost as if they are making my phone worse with each update just so I need to upgrade. Which funnily enough, I am doing when the new iphones come out towards the end of the year

Soldato
Have you replaced the battery?

I wouldn’t be surprised to hear that a phone battery with 600+ cycles is heavily degraded.

My 6S was as good the day I got it after a battery replacement.

Soldato

I wouldn’t be surprised to hear that a phone battery with 600+ cycles is heavily degraded.

Exactly, Apple have even been hugely generous with battery replacements on devices, heaven forbid a battery degrades over time, it's not feasible for them not to degrade as far as I understand the chemical composites.

Soldato
I have. iPhone 7 and on version 13.3.1.

If you go to settings > battery > battery health it will tell you the condition of it.

My maximum capacity is 84% and I have never replaced the battery on it. It also states the peak performance as well of the phone.

Battery seems ok and wonder if it’s worth replacing

Soldato
I have. iPhone 7 and on version 13.3.1.

If you go to settings > battery > battery health it will tell you the condition of it.

My maximum capacity is 84% and I have never replaced the battery on it. It also states the peak performance as well of the phone.

Battery seems ok and wonder if it’s worth replacing

I would wait until the stores are open again and take it in and request a quick checkup to see if they recommend. If you have AppleCare it's free, if you don't it's £49.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/iphone/repair/service/battery-power

Soldato
Apple won’t ‘recommend’ a replacement until it’s below 80%. That’s said they will just do it if they ask them to.

The battery health is a bit optimistic IMO. I had noticeable CPU throttling and noticeably worse battery life when mine was well above 80%. Getting a new one transformed the phone, Mrs Sk8 is still using it now.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

I had an old iphone 7 plus, but the battery was messed up so I went to the apple store to get it replaced (during the time they were doing free battery replacements, around January 2018 I believe) and I they gave me a brand new 7 plus. My battery health is on 86% and its just no good, I usually have to have a charger with me during the day as it will no way last a full day with normal usage.

Soldato
So 2 1/4 years old which would mean its likely to have had 600-700+ cycles at this point.

Definitely replacement time either way.

Did it come in a brown box or a retail box? Typically warranty replacement are refurbs and don’t come in retail packaging.

V F

V F

Soldato
Apple won’t ‘recommend’ a replacement until it’s below 80%. That’s said they will just do it if they ask them to.

The battery health is a bit optimistic IMO. I had noticeable CPU throttling and noticeably worse battery life when mine was well above 80%. Getting a new one transformed the phone, Mrs Sk8 is still using it now.

I wish the iPad Pro's had an indicator.

Back
Top Bottom