*** The Official iOS 14 Thread ***

Associate
Installed on my iPhone 11 Pro. Most things working except Starling App. Widgets are good but it’s annoying they have a text description underneath. As per last iOS it’s great to have something that so far seems to be stable enough to use on main phone.

Associate
Tempted to install.

Seems like a solid update overall over iOS 14.

Grateful that they’ve finally changed the way incoming calls are handled and added picture in picture - Although I wish they added split screen.

Commissario
I was expecting you to start this thread yesterday evening, you disappointed me :D

Most things working except Starling App
Always a big concern for me and that's why I won't be touching iOS14 until it goes GM.

I'll keep a close eye on this thread as it's always good to know what's happening though. :)

Associate
Installed on both my ipad and iPhone, both are stable for me.

The only thing i can't get installed is the watchOS beta on my Watch Series 3.

it's around 1GB in size, it tells me that the watch needs at least 3.1gb free.

I have no apps on my watch, as I removed them all. No photo's, no music. I have 2GB free with 2.6gb used.

Can't free up any more space as the only thing left on the device are the stock apps that you can't remove.

Not quite sure how that works. :confused:

They said it's compatible, but not sure how I can free up any space, and I don't think that doing a reset will change that.

Any one run into this issue before?

Associate
OP
I was expecting you to start this thread yesterday evening, you disappointed me :D.

I was willing to pass the baton but no one seized it. Another year, another thread :) Years ago I was on Android where installing "daily's" was normal and that satisfied my desire for playing with new features, now Im completely in the Apple ecosystem my only thrill is Beta software. Luckily Apple are releasing pretty stable Beta's.

Im assuming we don't need a iPadOS or watchOS threads - my experience on the is also ok, however playing back some videos on it taken on iPhone just play black with sound

Installed on both my ipad and iPhone, both are stable for me.

The only thing i can't get installed is the watchOS beta on my Watch Series 3.

Any one run into this issue before?

I updated my Series 4 without any issues. I had to update iPhone to iOS 14 first though.

Associate
I updated my Series 4 without any issues. I had to update iPhone to iOS 14 first though.

My iphone and ipad are both updated to iOS14.

I just find it odd that they release an update that requires more space on the device than they supply it with. It's not like the watches have different storage tiers like their other devices.

If the current OS uses around 2-3GB with the stock apps installed and you can't remove stock apps and it comes with around 5GB of storage, and you release an update that requires 3.1GB of storage to install, it's never going to happen.

Soldato
I’ve got this installed on my phone and tablet. Very stable so far despite being a beta. Haven’t found any apps that don’t work yet (Including banking apps). The only respring I’ve seen is when tapping on the ‘favourites’ widget.

Caporegime
Sorry, I can't as after iOS 13 beta annoyances last year, I won't be beta testing this one. But I'd like to see how others are setting up their home screens with the widgets!

Associate
OP
...I'd like to see how others are setting up their home screens with the widgets!
eg6V8P2

https://imgur.com/gallery/eg6V8P2

Back
Top Bottom