*** The Official iOS 14 Thread ***

Associate
What you mean they released it almost silently?

This year's hype was incredibly minimal compared to other years. There was literally no talk of the new phones they have in the works. The iPad looks ok and they have released a new watch which again is very boring and samey as the other gens. For iOS 14 there has been no real 'look at the new shiny stuff it can do' on any kind of scale they did for iOS 13. Disappointed really. I would have preferred a event solely for iOS 14 after the hardware stuff was announced.

Associate
Eh? iOS13 had very little. iOS14 has some vast differences and a lot of hype!
I’ve noticed this weird trend and demand that they release something amazingly new every year. Refinement has its own benefits!

Last edited:
Permabanned
This year's hype was incredibly minimal compared to other years. There was literally no talk of the new phones they have in the works. The iPad looks ok and they have released a new watch which again is very boring and samey as the other gens. For iOS 14 there has been no real 'look at the new shiny stuff it can do' on any kind of scale they did for iOS 13. Disappointed really. I would have preferred a event solely for iOS 14 after the hardware stuff was announced.

They did have an event for IOS 14, did you miss it? They haven't really had the event for the phones yet that's why lol. Not sure you have been keeping up. :p The talk has been massive all over the web.

Soldato
Widgets fundamentally change how you view and use phone for the first time in years.

I disagree - they're just another way of viewing information that's already easily accessible. They're definitely a nice to have and there's nothing negative about having the option to use them.

Soldato
I like the widgets, but it's lame there isn't a 2 icon compact format. Otherwise you can barely fit any on the screen and they completely take over the page.

You should be able to specify exactly what's in the smart stack widget too. I like the idea of having multiple widgets scrollable in one space, but the 'smart' aspect is crap and shows me stuff I don't want.

We absolutely need the ability to absolutely position icons and widgets now too.

Soldato
You should be able to specify exactly what's in the smart stack widget too. I like the idea of having multiple widgets scrollable in one space, but the 'smart' aspect is crap and shows me stuff I don't want.

Oh, looks like you can do that. You just stack widgets as in making folders with apps. That's good.

I think the dots should always be visible though on scrollable widgets so you know which ones you can flip through.

Associate
I disagree - they're just another way of viewing information that's already easily accessible. They're definitely a nice to have and there's nothing negative about having the option to use them.
No before you had to go into an app, now the data is there to glance at. Years of just pages of icons now better formatted I think hints that we are at the dawn of some big changes in iOS

Associate
Whatever works for you, quickly exposes how silly pages of apps are and how few you use a lot.

I’d guess iOS15 will allow customised App Library.

Soldato
It's lame that picture in picture doesn't work properly with the YouTube app. Just figured out a way to do it using some Shortcut hacks from a YouTube video, but it's not a great experience.

Shame, because it's pretty cool once you get it working.

Commissario
Whatever works for you, quickly exposes how silly pages of apps are and how few you use a lot.
I have 211 apps in folders on just one screen.

Yeah, probably more than I need :D

It does seem like wasted space between the bottom row of icons and the dock (or whatever it's called) though.

yno560j.png

Back
Top Bottom