*** The Official iOS 14 Thread ***

Soldato
Thanks for that. I forgot that the apps themselves would need an update. I seem to remember there being a section in the App Store that would allow you to browse your apps that had available updates. Is that no longer visible?

Yeah it changed a while back, click on your picture in the top right, and the 'Updated Recently' section is in there now, in my opinion not their best design choice. You can drag the screen down from the top to refresh for updates.

Associate
Yeah it changed a while back, click on your picture in the top right, and the 'Updated Recently' section is in there now, in my opinion not their best design choice. You can drag the screen down from the top to refresh for updates.

After clicking on my picture I see I have a section called "Upcoming Automatic Updates" with an option to "Update All" which is quite neat. I suppose the automatic updates waits until my phone is connected to wifi and on power.

Soldato
Since iOS 14 on my iPhone SE (2016) under wifi connection it mentions privacy warning.

clicking info it say's private wifi address is turned off for this network.

But then further down private address is enabled.

Is this a bug?

Soldato
Biggest problem I have seen with iOS14 is the activity/fitness app and health app not talking properly. So you do a workout and only a percentage of the stats get passed to health.

Seems to affect Stands, steps and miles walked, as well as removing maps from the workout results screen.

Associate
I quite like what they’ve done with the bedtime alarm function. Previously you had the option for one bedtime alarm only. Now you can have multiple bedtime alarms for different days of the week with reminders when to go to bed for each.

Soldato
I quite like what they’ve done with the bedtime alarm function. Previously you had the option for one bedtime alarm only. Now you can have multiple bedtime alarms for different days of the week with reminders when to go to bed for each.

Yes, that's great for me too because I like to wake up early on a weekday and have a lazy weekend haha. One thing that I dislike though, is the way they've done alarms in terms of making typing the default and taking away the previous way of the big choice - but that's something that I'll probably get used to real quick.

Soldato
Not sure about the apple built in sleep tracking - it works, but its not as good data as pillow ? I was hoping for sleep quality measurements etc but its simply just 'your moving/awake' or 'not moving/asleep' ? Am I missing some settings here? I looked but cant see anything

Associate
The scroll wheel for selecting times for alarms is absolutely horrible. Whoever made that change deserves to be taken out the back and shot. It’s awful.

It’s not like any scroll selector I’ve ever seen in Apple software before. I wonder why they’ve introduced something completely different and not very good.

Commissario
Lol it’s not that bad, not sure what your guys issues with it are but it works perfectly fine for me. I don’t find it particularly difficult to set up times etc.
Let's say I want to change the alarm, if I'm only changing it a few minutes, it's not too bad but if I want to make a big change and scroll up, my finger reaches the top of the screen. I touch it to scroll again but if I'm only one or two minutes out, my finger covers the window so I can't see what I'm changing it to.

It's terrible. Editing calendar appointments are even worse because there's no option to type a time manually.

Associate
In both the calendar & alarm clock settings, if you just click on the time it brings up the keypad to type in exactly when you want...

at least it does on my XS Max. Does that solve the issue being discussed?

Associate
So I normally airplay Youtube sound from iphone or ipad to my homepod while still watching it.

Now with ios 14, sound transfers ok but it leaves black screen.

Is this some sort o new lock with ios? IOS bug? Or youtube's fault?

Back
Top Bottom