*** The Official iOS 14 Thread ***

Soldato
I’d guess it’s youtube if other apps work. They are actively blocking the Picture in Picture and background mode unless you are a premium subscriber.

Soldato
So I normally airplay Youtube sound from iphone or ipad to my homepod while still watching it.

Now with ios 14, sound transfers ok but it leaves black screen.

Is this some sort o new lock with ios? IOS bug? Or youtube's fault?

Youtube are, as usual being the complete scum of the earth with iOS14 haha. They've disabled as many features as they can.

Soldato
Got iOS 14.0.1 this evening and now notifications are not working right.

Soft reset didn’t seem to work. Apple seem happy enough to put out a half baked OS and then try and patch it, badly.

Would rather wait longer for something that works right.

Have they even got a team of QA testers anymore I wonder or just ‘Joe Public’?

Soldato
Got iOS 14.0.1 this evening and now notifications are not working right.

Soft reset didn’t seem to work. Apple seem happy enough to put out a half baked OS and then try and patch it, badly.

Would rather wait longer for something that works right.

Have they even got a team of QA testers anymore I wonder or just ‘Joe Public’?

In what way aren't they working? Personally haven't had issues and haven't seen anyone mention notifications as an issue so hopefully something easily resolvable.

Soldato
WhatsApp notifications were not appearing. Then only when I open the app do I see I have a new message.

Granted this may be a WhatsApp issue mind.

Soldato
Working again now!

Must have been some background process running after the update that temporarily borked the notifications.

Last edited:
Associate
So the youtube airplay issue I mentioned earlier, I found a workaround... Airplay audio (screen goes black) > lock the ipnohe/ipad> unlock it > picture is on the device while sound is still air played to homepod:rolleyes: hopefully it's youtube's bug and not intentional.

Back
Top Bottom