*** The Official iOS 14 Thread ***

Soldato
It gives you the option to set your Bluetooth devices to ‘car stereo’ etc which I hope - like really, really hope - stops those damn big brother audio notifications that turn down your music/volume to ‘protect your hearing’.

I’ve set all my devices to car stereo, so I hope that’s the end of it.

I don't know if it's iOS 14.4 or the fact that I'm not using Airpod Pro's instead of Sony bluetooth headphones but I just had a message which said:

Volume Should Be Turned Down.

Based on your headphone usage over the last seven days, you've exceeded the recommended limit for audio exposure.

So it didn't actually drop the volume, it just sent a message which I shall ignore.

Soldato
14.5 public beta is up. Can't wait for mask unlock!

EDIT: Tested in a supermarket this morning and it works very well.

Last edited:
Soldato
14.4.1 seems to have upset my Airpods. I'm not getting the tone in my ears when they connect, there's no message on screen to say they're connected and I can't get any sound out of them. But when I check in the Bluetooth settings it shows that they're connected.

Something to look at later.

Soldato
Does anyone know how to resolve the issue with the battery?

Since I have upgraded to iOS 14.4 (now on 14.4.1) the battery indicator seems to be broken. It no longer tells me the correct battery level.

For example, this morning I woke up to 62% battery, checked a few forums and then put it on the side. 10 minutes later I unlocked the phone to be greeted with a "your battery is low" message and was down to 1%. I restarted my phone as I knew this was not right and then it was back up to 58%.

This happens all the time and now wish I never upgraded from IOS 13 which I had no issues with at all.

Phone is an Iphone 7 and looking to get a new Iphone SE 2020 but thinking of changing to Android as well due to this issue as I don't want it happening on my new phone as well as im sure this will come with IOS 14.x.x on.

I take it there is no way to rollback to iOS 13 as Apple no longer sign the IPSW for it.

Soldato
Yup, I’d suggest the same. The phone could be pretty old if bought in the launch year so Id expect the battery to be on its last legs at this point.

edit:
78% is really low and effectively done, my old phone was rebooting when the load peeked at a higher % before they did all the software changes that they got blasted over.

Soldato
Plus there's the possibility that when you upgrade it places a lot more load on the CPU, analyzing photos etc / downloading. It could be the battery was getting old before on ios13 but it wasn't subject to high loads in its everday use. Wheras immediatley upon updatng to ios14 everything is in use placing a much higher demand on the battery.

Soldato
Thanks for all the replies.

I think I would be better off replacing the phone rather than replacing the battery.

The phone is getting on a bit and the Iphone SE 2020. Can get this for £252 new

Back
Top Bottom