1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: *** The Official iPhone 12 (12 mini/12/12Pro/12Pro Max) Thread ***

Discussion in 'Apple Hardware' started by pioneer2000, 20 Sep 2019.

?

Which iPhone 12 will you get?

1. iPhone 12 mini

54 vote(s)
    18.6%
  2. iPhone 12

39 vote(s)
    13.4%
  3. iPhone 12 Pro

93 vote(s)
    32.0%
  4. iPhone 12 Pro Max

109 vote(s)
    37.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Joeyuk

Hitman

Thought Apple was going to do an Nvidia style launch when it didn’t work dead on 1. Ordered a 12 in black for delivery on the 23rd, thought about getting the pro but I really don’t use the camera that much and as far I as I can that’s the only major difference.

2. Phemo

Soldato

I've already got a cheapy TPU case that turned up today which is nice so I thought I was all set until I read that, I'd completely forgotten about screen protectors :D

I've just ordered a few of the film type ones from eBay. Obviously since the XR and 11 are the same screen size, those ones should be just fine. I'm pretty good at getting those on with no dust etc these days. Not a fan of tempered glass ones personally, they seem to be incredibly fragile and bulk the phone out a bit more.

3. Vertigo1

Capodecina

Now I need to find some insurance...

4. Kemik

Mobster

Gadget Cover seemed to be decent. I'd use AppleCare+ but they don't cover theft.

5. Kemik

Mobster

In case anyone needs a charger, IKEA do one called ASKSTORM which is a 40W USB charger with USB C and two USB A connectors for £17. Cheaper than the Anker stuff I saw.

6. wozza2k

Wise Guy

Was going to wait for the mini but managed to get in an Amazon preorder for a 256gb Pro for £849 which is obviously a mis-price.

Will now wait and see if they honour it.

7. Scottland

Capodecina

Pro 256gb from CPW(ID). May have been a misprice as it was barely over rrp value.

8. Yas786

Suspended

Unlikely but then you may get lucky and they will so profit!!!???!!!

9. Ghuraba

Wise Guy

Order a 12 in blue. First time I have ordered direct from Apple but I am coming from a Galaxy A10 so for once it is a worthwhile upgrade

10. Yas786

Suspended

Having thought about this, I just cancelled. I just don’t see why I have to pay £49 upfront when Apple don’t charge me.
    In the end it all works out the same monthly cost, just means that it will be 2 separate direct debits rather than just the one.
    Ordered through Apple direct but won’t have it till early November.

11. Ryan-3

Sgarrista

For me personally, being able to have the phone I wanted with my sim only contract comes to simply £39.95/month for 24 months. All whilst paying nothing upfront. However, taking the whole thing through Three would mean I pay either £230 upfront and pay £47/month or £99 upfront and £53/month. Both have half the data too, with only 4GB and not 8GB as they don't give that option...

Looking forward to this little performance bump as well as getting to play with the ultra-wide camera. First completely new iPhone since I pre-ordered my 6 way back when. :)

12. Richy888

Wise Guy

Vodafone - imagine that :D

Ordered a couple of 12 pro’s and paid with Apple Pay. What a carry on. Backwards and forwards as address didn’t match then there was no delivery address then there was no name?? 4th attempt and address was incorrect AGAIN. Turned out last three characters of post code had been split so corrected that and then got another error. Didn’t take any notice I hit the cancel button. Store froze whilst it thought about it and I went back to iMessage where was chatting with my son. After maybe a minute a toast message pops up to say all had gone through. I also used Apple Pay in the past without issues. What occurred today I don’t know. Guess they were under pressure.

Two 12pros as one is for the mrs :rolleyes: Delivery is first week of November. Could have been picked up sooner from my nearest Apple store which is 35miles away.

13. Rooky007

Mobster

Trying find all in one screen protector no Notch cut out. As mine. It is all in one

14. Richard - London

Gangster

Ordered from vodafone, email shows 18/10 for store pickup, that cant be right?

15. Rooky007

Mobster

Worth a try lol

16. Richard - London

Gangster

well the store doesn't open Saturdays or Sundays lol.

17. Rooky007

Mobster

lol

18. Kobi

Wise Guy

Not entirely sure what happened, came home from work, started browsing the phones. Next thing I know, I receive a order confirmation email. Blue 12 pro 256gb incoming...with charger haha. Cya later android...i guess.

19. Imy

Mobster

6 Plus 64GB > 12 Pro Max 128GB

I'd have kept the 6 another year if the touchscreen hadn't gone dodgy.

20. icey_haj

Mobster

Was on the phone to Apple support earlier as I wasn't sure if my order went through.

Even the guy on the phone was taking the **** He goes 'I can help you with everything except a charger' :D