• iPhone 12

Votes: 39 13.4%
  • iPhone 12 Pro

Votes: 93 31.8%
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max

Votes: 109 37.3%

• Total voters
Caporegime
I'm tempted by the MagSafe charger to update my charging pad. One thing I have just ordered from Amazon is the Spigen 27W USB-C charger, which is currently 50% off till the 20th, so works out at £7.79. :)

Have you got the link for that?? The spigen one please.

So from what I’m assuming incorrectly or correctly is that it is similar to the Apple Watch pad charger ie small white disc that attaches to the watch on the back.
So that being said, if I’m correct. You will still need 2 hands to take the charger off unless you adhere it to the surface via double sided sticky pads.
I’m using the Belkin wireless charging pad with my Xs at the moment and it’s PITA due to the fact you have to place the phone in a certain way otherwise it does not charge.
Might wait and see what other MagSafe charging pads come out later.

Caporegime
What screen protector people ordering and case Of any
I’m waiting on Mous and caudabe cases to be released then decide. I’m using the frosted one from caudabe on my xs and I can’t complain, been a brilliant case and has kept my xs in pristine condition.
Screen protector wise I’ll probably go for the spigen one that’s I’ve had on my xs for the past couple of years.

Soldato
Except they're not, in the case of the best selling phone;

iPhone 11 release price £729
iPhone 12 release price £799

This phone will make up the majority of sales and it's a significant increase when you also factor in the removal of the charger.

Yet you conveniently ignore the much higher resolution OLED screen.

Soldato
That's not the point. I'm arguing the case that the phone is cheaper when it's not. ;)

If that's not the point then why did you mention it?

You made a point of mentioning the lack of a charger yet neglected to mention any of the improvements the 12 offers over the 11.

Yes, it's more expensive but many would argue that the superior screen, faster performance, better camera and MagSafe system more than justify the additional £70 and sacrificing a charger which they no doubt already have.

Soldato
Whats the point of the magsafe "wireless" charging if your phone is "stuck" to it when charging, might aswell just plug in the cable? :confused:

Caporegime
Whats the point of the magsafe "wireless" charging if your phone is "stuck" to it when charging, might aswell just plug in the cable? :confused:
It’s meant to be faster at charging?? Correct me if I’m wrong but also because it’s stuck to the back, it means you can still use the phone whilst being charged I assume.
My only issue is that because it’s attached via magnets, you will need 2 hands to take it off which in the grand scheme of things isn’t the end of the world I suppose. But it’s only a 1m cable so not exactly long.

Back
Top Bottom