• iPhone XS Max - 512Gb

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • iPhone XR - 64Gb

Votes: 27 5.7%
  • iPhone XR - 128Gb

Votes: 32 6.8%
  • iPhone XR - 512Gb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too expensive,, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 107 22.7%
  • Not interested, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 122 25.8%

• Total voters
Commissario
83IFAvY.png

kH4NQN3.png

OK folks, you know the drill, which 2018 iPhone are you getting?

I'm giving it a miss again this year - My iPhone 7Plus is still going strong and with the new battery, I'm happy I'll get another year out of it.

Associate
Using my wife's old 6S due to me losing my 8 at the beginning of the year. Even with a battery replacement it's suffering the same issues my wife had when she had it so come November it will be the base 64XS for me.

Soldato
If they didn't move the goalposts and cheap option of this gen (the iPhone XR) was $700 and $1 didn't = £1. I would be going for the iPhone XR.

But this seems to be a continuing trend now. So I think after 7 years, I may be done with iPhone, I've been priced out.

Soldato
XS Max 64GB - I don't come close to using the 128GB on my 7 Plus because of how older photos/videos get uploaded to iCloud (so you just see the thumbnail in your photo albums but the actual file is on iCloud) so don't think I'll even notice the loss of memory. The X always seemed a bit small for me when I had a chance to play with one so it's go big or go home for me.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
I'll probably pick up a XS Max 256GB once they are instock, as want to have a look at one first.

I see the iP8 Plus are still going for good money. :D

Soldato
Likely an XR 128GB, but I've got a month before I can pre-order, so I'll see how my 6S fares with iOS 12, in which case I may just get a new battery for it before the price hike after December.

Soldato
Nice phones, but a shame that now Apple have broken the psychological £1000 barrier, their new headline phone has smashed it by another £100.

How about a no-compromise all-screen OLED phone with 256Gb storage and priced at £899?

Soldato
I’m in 2 minds, whilst I’m very happy with my ip7+, it does everything I want I do tend to change every 2 years or so.

I’m tempted to go for a ipXs MAX 64gb, plenty enough storage for me I’ve only used a quarter of my 128gb on my 7+.

Just waiting to see what O2 refresh deals there are. Ideally I’ll pay for half the phone upfront minimum (funds from the ip7+ helps soften the blow). Then spread the rest over monthly pay.

Soldato
Realistically the new phones offer me nothing over my iPhone 7 Plus 256GB. Sure the screen is a bit better, sure the CPU is a bit better, the camera is a bit better but in everyday use they're not going to make much of a difference and they're certainly not worth spending £1200+ to get. FaceID offers me no functional improvement over TouchID, in fact I'd say it was a backwards move if anything. Wireless charging offers nothing over traditional charging, it's no faster than my current 12W charger.

Part of me is disappointed that there's nothing about the new models that tempts me, but then again part of me is happy as I've now got a grand to spend on something else.

Associate
If they didn't move the goalposts and cheap option of this gen (the iPhone XR) was $700 and $1 didn't = £1. I would be going for the iPhone XR.

But this seems to be a continuing trend now. So I think after 7 years, I may be done with iPhone, I've been priced out.

A move to Android is on the cards then?

Associate
Crazy how any hype I had this basically died after last night. Do I like the XS yeah and do I want one, but not enough to pay £1149 in my case as I don't think 64GB will be sufficient long term for me.
If you weren't going to reduce the price slightly at least put a fast chargers in the box and bump the base storage.

Not preordering, sticking with my 7 for now.

Man of Honour
XS Max 256GB here. Will be sticking with Space Grey as always.

Cannot wait for it. I love my X, it's almost perfect but the one thing I miss is the feel of having a bigger phone. Always used to get Plus models.

Soldato
Being interested in photography it's great to see new software coming to the forefront to bridge the gap between compact/mobile and full size DSRL/Mirrorless cameras.

I'm waiting for the breakthrough 'big jump' in mobile camera hardware and software before I drop £1.5k on a device.

Soldato
256 XS Max for me, but I have to say this is the least excited I've been when getting a new iPhone. I had an X, which I magically killed with a few drops of water, so all I'm expecting from this new model is a bigger screen and a bit of a speed boost.. zzz

Sui

Sui

Soldato
I’m undecided so I think I’ll wait till the R is out and compare it with the XS.

I’m coming from a 6, so either are going to be a decent upgrade!

Back
Top Bottom