1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: ***** The Official iPhone X(S/SMax/R) Thread *****

Discussion in 'Apple Hardware' started by Feek, 13 Sep 2018.

?

Which 2018 iPhone are you getting?

1. iPhone XS - 64Gb

36 vote(s)
    7.6%
  2. iPhone XS - 256Gb

42 vote(s)
    8.9%
  3. iPhone XS - 512Gb

5 vote(s)
    1.1%
  4. iPhone XS Max - 64Gb

35 vote(s)
    7.4%
  5. iPhone XS Max - 256Gb

54 vote(s)
    11.5%
  6. iPhone XS Max - 512Gb

11 vote(s)
    2.3%
  7. iPhone XR - 64Gb

27 vote(s)
    5.7%
  8. iPhone XR - 128Gb

32 vote(s)
    6.8%
  9. iPhone XR - 512Gb

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Too expensive,, I won't be getting one.

107 vote(s)
    22.7%
  11. Not interested, I won't be getting one.

122 vote(s)
    25.9%
  1. Mobius 1

Capodecina

Another reason why I’m totally apple now. I’ve not seen an ad inside an app since I switched from android to apple back when the SE was released. (I don’t play free games, so maybe that’s why :p )

2. ChrisD.

Caporegime

I don't play games either. Just the usual social media, banking, whatsapp, web browsing etc.

3. welshboy

Wise Guy

Still in two minds to sell my x and go on the iup Xs. Got a reservation still in the bank.

4. UberTiger

Mobster

Turns out the XR resolution is exactly the same as the iPhone 4! Released 8 years ago :eek:

To be fair, it's probably still fine for a lot of people even at that size, still helps to put it in context though considering the high pricing. I'm still really surprised there's no SE form factor option.

Upgraded to iOS12 yesterday and really liking it, they definitely solved a lot of the initial form factor software issues that I've been ranting about. Namely the do not disturb icon issue behind hidden because of the notch. There's now a big notification and the ability to easily turn it on temporarily based on time, location or event using force press.

You can easily close apps with a single swipe up now without the lag or holding the screen for a long time, which is great.

There's a ton of new stuff packed into it, really quite happy to keep on trucking with the X now, feels great (even if there are still a few UI issues to figure out)

It seems like the watch might be the big sleeper hit this year, with a massive upgrade even on the series 3, let alone the 0,1,2 owners.

5. Swampyseifer

Gangster

So tomorrow’s the big day! I assume we’ll be getting dispatch notifications today ready for delivery tomorrow!

Edit:
    Just been looking looking at my order and it still just stays ‘order received’. Also I never had any choice over delivery types when ordering and I’ve noticed that the default delivery type normally is 3-5 days. How annoying will that be

6. Karl

Mobster

My order has said "preparing for dispatch" for the majority of the week, and today so far is no different. Hopefully that'll change soon...

7. Feek

Commissario

You'll be fine.

8. Maxeh

Wise Guy

No pre-order for me but trying my luck walking into a few shops tomorrow :o

9. Alpherah

Sgarrista

Finding a good deal on this is impossible - three offered me a worse deal then the one in the website as that’s a new customer deal only apparently ‍♂️
    Gonna end up IUP and sim only i suspect

10. Shawreyboy

Wise Guy

Got my text notification to say mine will be delivered today between 1050 and 1150 :eek::eek:

Shawrey

11. b0rn2sk8

Sgarrista

Look on sites like uswitch they will show you the good deals.

Don’t click the link, fire up Quidco and get more money off.

Uswitch had deals for the XS Max on EE for 2 years with 20gb data for between £1300-£14000. Way cheaper than buying a phone and sim only.

12. dasyad

Wise Guy

There’s other benefits to sim only though, flexibility being a key one IMO

13. dasyad

Wise Guy

It’s not the same resolution at all, it has a higher res than my 6S for example. However the PPI is the same :)

14. LiE

Capodecina

Now leaning towards getting the XS Max I reserved for 08:30 collection tomorrow.

The main reason is because I love the Apple ecosystem, the experience, the UI/design and polish you get. The Pixel 2 is great, don't get me wrong, but something about it does't quite feel premium.

Some other deciding factors:
    - The video footage recorded on the XS looks amazing.
    - The screen on the Pixel is shocking for video when it comes to shadows/black crush.
    - Built in ad-blocker for with Safari. I like Chrome, but on Android it's a pain to block ads.
    - I'll be going back to Mac for my main PC, so the integration is going to be lovely.
    - I'd like an Apple Watch at some point.
    - I prefer the Apple/iOS Aesthetics.
    - Bigger screen.
    - I really don't like the PlayStore.

I'll still be keeping a foot in the door with Google Services. Calendar will remain, since my wife is Google and it's the easiest way to keep a workable shared calendar. I still need a Google account for YouTube as well. Photos I will move back to iCloud and Google Drive I may move into iCloud Drive.

Last edited: 20 Sep 2018
  15. thewanted

Soldato

I'm starting to feel the same way about my Pixel 2 as @LiE, although I could never give up Google Drive. If I could play video files that aren't MP4 and MOV natively on iOS, it would make my decision a lot easier.

16. Karl

Mobster

Unsure whether the wind is currently more predictable in terms of direction :p :D

17. Steedie

Man of Honour

We don’t want you any more. Pls go

18. LiE

Capodecina

You're just salty because the Pixel 2 has a better camera :p

I predictable in so much that I flip flop between decisions regularly :p

19. Steedie

Man of Honour

Will admire my lower quality photos on my superior phone

20. Karl

Mobster

Blimey. Did your order say "dispatched" prior to you receiving a text?