• Space Grey 256GB

Votes: 98 18.4%
  • I want one but it's too expensive

Votes: 125 23.5%
  • I'm not interested

Votes: 190 35.7%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
What are apple like with battery replacement? Mine is showing at 86% total capacity but it feels much worse than that. Mrs and I charged our phone at the same time and both similar usage. Hers is an XR. Her battery is at 70 odd percent and I’m below 40. If it helps I have apple care plus on it.

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

I got my X battery swapped in December when it was at 93% (felt worse than that). £25 or £30 (I can’t remember) for a replacement which is now £65. They asked me why and I said “because it’s going to be more expensive in January”; they did it without any further remark. Dropped it off and came back a couple of hours later. Three months later and it’s still at 100% health.

Soldato
What are apple like with battery replacement? Mine is showing at 86% total capacity but it feels much worse than that. Mrs and I charged our phone at the same time and both similar usage. Hers is an XR. Her battery is at 70 odd percent and I’m below 40. If it helps I have apple care plus on it.

Unless the battery is failed or consumed then apple care plus won’t apply.
You can opt for one but it will be at cost

Soldato
My X is down to 88%.

Nearly did it before the new year, but I've not had any issues getting through the day and did't want to fork out for it. Half hoping it'll drop below 80 before October and get them to sort it for free as it'll be just before 2 years is up.

Soldato

If it actually starts cutting out they can detect that and any other anomalies using their diagnostic tool, you can always just go in and ask them to have a look at it. Best case scenario they replace it, worse case they say there's no obvious issues and it's standard battery wear and offer a paid replacement or just live with it.

Soldato
I've had my iPhone X since new at release. Had issues with the case, so took it off and ordered a new one from Amazon. Due to arrive tomorrow.

I just dropped it at home. The glass on the back smashed AND the front screen is now broken with a black ink spot in the corner.

I feel like crying :(

Soldato
I've had my iPhone X since new at release. Had issues with the case, so took it off and ordered a new one from Amazon. Due to arrive tomorrow.

I just dropped it at home. The glass on the back smashed AND the front screen is now broken with a black ink spot in the corner.

I feel like crying :(

Ouch I’m still using my X with no intention of changing any time soon. I had mine in a Torro case but found it was making the phone drop calls. I now have a cheap rubber one and it works fine but not confident with the protection it provides so looking for another decent full cover case.

Soldato
I thought they had disabled it in a recent update ?

My friend had his X in a mous case and dropped the phone from knee height and it cracked the screen across the front. He had it fixed by Apple under the insurance...

Soldato
No, they've not disabled force touch for text selection and editing. Still work brilliantly.

Just for things like icon rearranging and peek and pop.

I don't think I've got any insurance that will cover it. Don't get anything with my bank and not got AppleCare.

Soldato
Plus it only working on the space bar is pretty lame as it's not a great position to start your thumb if you want to move the cursor down. It should be the whole keyboard.

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

That's only for moving the cursor. You can't use force touch to select text on the new phones, which is incredibly useful.
Fair enough; I was never able to master the precise pressure control needed to pull off such an advanced move. I always thought force touch was a gimmick (I did use the keyboard force touch to move the cursor, just not for selecting), and if removing it gives thinner screens and better battery life then I'm happy with that compromise.

Back
Top Bottom