• Space Grey 256GB

Votes: 98 18.4%
  • I want one but it's too expensive

Votes: 125 23.5%
  • I'm not interested

Votes: 190 35.7%

• Total voters
Soldato
I am going to dip my toes into Android to check out the competition, see how close they are and if they are really that far behind and if the iPhone really worth the extra £800….

If you do then I'd advise getting a phone that runs stock or near stock Android. Don't just go get a Samsung and assume their version of Android is the only version.

Soldato
Not this year for m
The benchmarks are in and it blows the Android competition out of the water:

lWArGs8l.jpg

On par with a MacBook Pro and twice as fast as the Samsung S8.

Nothing new here. They always do each year. And will always beat Android in unrealistic speeds tests but that's because of optimisation.

Hey ho, £1149 plus applecare+, eek!

Soldato
The benchmarks are in and it blows the Android competition out of the water:

lWArGs8l.jpg

On par with a MacBook Pro and twice as fast as the Samsung S8.

Sweet, for all the good that is gonna do to the mobile apps? ;) Rather have had features like touch Id and USB c than some high number on a bench that translates to no real world use :/

Is it just the images I'm seeing or is that quote a though bezel around the screen? Can't tell if it's just that the image on the device isn't filling the screen or not?

Soldato
I have to say it looks gorgeous, the technology inside is next level (Especially the faceid stuff) but I doubt I will be getting one.. I really cannot justify paying that much for a phone, especially when I have been looking at the Xaomi Mi Mix 2 that costs almost 1/3rd of the price.

Man of Honour
Really adds to the movie experience on the OLED screen.....

UGZuFjH.jpg
Except it doesn't scale like that with 16:9 content, you have a black bar but with it being OLED it looks just like the bezel. This point is already widely covered in tech press and initial hands on.

Back
Top Bottom