***The Official LG Nexus 4 Thread***

Soldato
:) this was when they first came out this year. 3 of us at work got them and all of ours the smell was not very pleasant. Could have been caused by the shipping i guess

Associate
Whenever I use Google Talk I have to turn the phone sideways into Landscape mode, otherwise I can't view the text (the messages don't get displayed in Portrait mode, it just squashes everything together).

Has this happened to anyone else? I don't know how to fix it :(

Associate
Those looking to sync Facebook Haxsync is the best for this paid application but works wonders. Or if rooted you can mod a few files to get syncing back. Haxsync syncs high quality photos, events and birthdays.

Posted from Overclockers.co.uk App for Android

Associate
Just ordered the 16GB Nexus 4! I've had a iphone 3GS going near on 3 years now, so this is hopefully going to be a big improvement in terms of... everything :p

One quick question, just spent hours reading through the thread but couldn't find a definitive answer - it seems the best thing to do is to unlock the boot loader and root the phone straight away - is this correct? I'm definitely happy to try out the stock Android firmware (or whatever you call it), but apparently it's best to do these 2 steps straight away so I don't have to erase everything if I want to try out custom ROMS etc in the future. Am I right in thinking I can just unlock boot loader and root it then forget about it for the time being while I test the stock stuff? Basically just stop after rooting in this video from what I can see... Might have to find some sort of idiot's guide as to what it's all actually doing/the purpose of each step as he goes very quickly!

Sorry if this is a stupid question! No doubt I will be in this thread a lot in the next few weeks, as I'm not used to all this stuff having been locked in with iOS for 3 years...

Soldato
Just ordered the 16GB Nexus 4! I've had a iphone 3GS going near on 3 years now, so this is hopefully going to be a big improvement in terms of... everything :p

One quick question, just spent hours reading through the thread but couldn't find a definitive answer - it seems the best thing to do is to unlock the boot loader and root the phone straight away - is this correct? I'm definitely happy to try out the stock Android firmware (or whatever you call it), but apparently it's best to do these 2 steps straight away so I don't have to erase everything if I want to try out custom ROMS etc in the future. Am I right in thinking I can just unlock boot loader and root it then forget about it for the time being while I test the stock stuff? Basically just stop after rooting in this video from what I can see... Might have to find some sort of idiot's guide as to what it's all actually doing/the purpose of each step as he goes very quickly!

Sorry if this is a stupid question! No doubt I will be in this thread a lot in the next few weeks, as I'm not used to all this stuff having been locked in with iOS for 3 years...

Download this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1995688

It will unlock, root, install recover, backups etc

Associate
Could somebody do me a big favour and take a pic of both ends of the Nexus 4 usb cable ?, I got 3 wires here but don't which one it is, not that it would make any difference but I'd prefer to send the correct cable when somebody buys it off me.

Associate
Delivery

Hi

Can anyone who ordered recently tell me what the delivery times actually were?

I'd like to order one but would really need next day delivery.

Soldato

I've not felt the need to root my N4 as the stock experience is very good without any bloatware. I couldn't wait to root my Samsung phones though.
I also like how I can now leave the phone to update itself rather than having to change ROMs manually.

Still being able to use titanium backup would be nice though.

Last edited:
Associate
Download this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1995688

It will unlock, root, install recover, backups etc

Thanks for this, I'll check it out. So using this I can unlock boot loader, root, and then still receive the normal Android updates and the phone will still be prepared to try custom ROMs in the future if I want to?

I've not felt the need to root my N4 as the stock experience is very good without any bloatware. I couldn't wait to root my Samsung phones though.
I also like how I can now leave the phone to update itself rather than having to change ROMs manually.

Still being able to use titanium backup would be nice though.

That's good to hear. I'm definitely wanting to give the stock experience a good try, like you say I might just be happy with the hassle free way of doing things. However knowing me I'll see something cool with a custom ROM and decide to try it out in the future, so I'd like to be prepared to do that easily without having to start over, which from what I've read I think I can do while still receiving the standard Android updates.

Soldato
is a screen protector more better? does it ruin responsiveness and such?

Depends how upset you would be with even minor scratches. Unfortunately no protector matches the feel of a non protected screen but they are not bad. Accessories thread covers some of them.

Just bear in mind unless you get a protector that goes on wet (more rubbery feel) the protector cannot go up to the edge due to the glass curvature on the n4.

Back
Top Bottom