***The Official LG Nexus 4 Thread***

Soldato
Price? this thing is cheaper then even a iPhone4. TBH there both great phones, also screen size, I was showing work mate TV catch up on my Nexus and he couldn't believe how much the experienced increased with the screen size, also helps TV catchup offers very good quality over 3g compared to something like BBC iPlayer.

Associate
My SGS3 is on it's way out so gonna trade it in when I can still get £200+ for it and get one of these. Anyone else gone from a SGS3 to an N4? If so, anything you miss, etc?

You may miss the extra memory expansion via memory card and being able to swap/change the battery. Also the camera is a little better on the SGS3.

The main thing you get with the Nexus 4 is quick updates and I feel it's made of better materials compared to the cheap feeling of the SGS3.

Associate
I much much preferred the screen and the ergonomics on the S3 to the N4, so much so I'm heading back to a galaxy when the s4 comes out.

One phone I never considered buying was the S3. I have seen and played with the S3 and N4 and prefer the screen of the N4... Not a huge fan of the over saturated colours and the cheap feeling plastic. Plus I prefer the Google UI over touchwiz.

Soldato
TouchWiz looks like it's still running on Gingerbread to me!

Comparing my Wife's Ace to my Mate's S3 it still looks old!, where as the Naked JellyBean on the Nex looks Sexeh!! :)

Can't wait for KLP when it's released!! :D

To me of course!! My Opinion!!... I'm not foisting it on you!! ;)

Soldato
Anyone else get this issue, when I get notified of an update on the forums I click the link and occasionally I just get a screen like this

33eh0yp.png

Not seen it with Opera so I think it is a Chrome issue - not sure if it is N4 or all Androids?

Soldato
One phone I never considered buying was the S3. I have seen and played with the S3 and N4 and prefer the screen of the N4... Not a huge fan of the over saturated colours and the cheap feeling plastic. Plus I prefer the Google UI over touchwiz.

yeah I never used touchwiz, it was rooted and flashed the moment I took it out of the box.

Soldato
TouchWiz looks like it's still running on Gingerbread to me!

Comparing my Wife's Ace to my Mate's S3 it still looks old!, where as the Naked JellyBean on the Nex looks Sexeh!! :)

Can't wait for KLP when it's released!! :D

To me of course!! My Opinion!!... I'm not foisting it on you!! ;)

Interestingly, that's exactly what Cyanogen said about Touchwiz when he left Samsung recently...! Not that he had hard feelings, that was just his personal opinion.

Caporegime
I wouldn't say gingerbread but froyo instead :p Even the CM founder said the exact same! (he loves the device overall though)

Don't know what on earth Samsung were thinking of with the new touchwiz colour scheme/layout, they improved it with each new version but this new version is just a huge step back imo.

It is the main reason why I won't even be considering the GS 4, cba with rooting etc.

Back
Top Bottom