*** The Official macOS Catalina thread ***

Commissario
OP
With the new Software Update for Catalina the App Store won't actually let you download the Catalina installer again, which is annoying.
:confused:
Not in my experience.
I've opened the App Store, searched for Catalina and hit 'Get'.
It opens software update and asks me if I want to download Catalina. I said yes.

It's downloading the full 10.15.1 installer.

I've already done this twice with 10.15.0, the original install and then the supplemental update.

I'm using Catalina.

Q2u481Y.png

Soldato
Seems ok so far not really had any issues other than my printer driver not working at first but that’s been updated now. All seems to work ok for what I do...

Soldato
Yeah, I'm seeing exactly the same thing! Bizarre.

It appears to fix the SMB share crashing I've been experiencing on both my iMac Pro and my 16" MBP.

Man of Honour
My MBP 15" just hung doing the update via the app store, I had to power off and on again. It seems to have picked up where it left off though.

Commissario
OP
You can get the non-combo one
I have a routine I use when I update:

Reboot
Install Combo
Reboot

I won’t update without using a Combo as I just think it’s the safest way to do it. I’ve used this routine since I got my first Mac and apart from when Apple messed up one of the Combos a couple of years ago, I’ve not had any issues.

Soldato
Is this the problem where you have access to a Samba share and then for some reason it stops working and all you get is an icon showing in the window?

Yeah, but the more serious one (for me anyway, and several others) is leaving a machine to sleep connected to stuff over SMB. Often crashes when you wake it.

Back
Top Bottom