****The Official Mountain Bicycle Gallery Thread****

Caporegime
EhDGByUHsaAJOD3MJmTiG2Fej3ZCS-mjHtZVYTe6PqfQYcZNhWFMNZI8yrlaDG7LqVYqhMKgmE_hGNWd_pVmoqlaN0cAEuStuoP4nwJbGq2M24sBn3D5uCDPbdKKix3_JF1cUPrnMOMFY05ptXg-6v7IsoYRkQtB9czkriK3xDENcnIl3wM8-9uFCz6f3uNugW2a5Np1g0htSDp0jEp1tnO-VD9PnzlFr906pgwohzFw2Iu-pQBWRa7OIamYIP-i_yHyxfKPysQz-PpSfVFb2JnZisX5s-QO_Skko2wfDUheiPIMKLG3u2ucE7RhROtjp_Wt85AnPVxRQudvfL8MQp4N87QoinBZ4T2Uukov-snLXJavKUtS3-IX31GS1Jb-hlumLcwYJkiFl8cp4uQNB-p2V4D837jKoQ0czbaw-jXIqReL7UMDinqZN7NIkZ3y-Cx1BmXx7VSAulwEMh5Cm4QDd0JYgdTHkPnIfKYJisjqQFppwlht6ls6YG7m-MBiCrUOkM6BFs1Hld7cK3hR1xWxpoZv-vBO9CdeyPHhILbdPy1yPI4SaSYWjG2Iag5YI8yY0RKMyR7bHMT_EZmxSsd0KElI88UWTMBLzy-YY7JNBUlMSGN4qq5DLhUWmoc1EqoTHG9VFxTucT_26sixrzeJmnQJLJIor7hNVC7xKGfA2ecZ3oSAPyKDXHIf1A=w1729-h1298-no

heZZR2X.png

s7jxMFA.jpg
Well worth the 3~ month wait!

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Got a bit of movement sideways on the crank! Looks like an additional spacer is needed on the chainring side so need to go back to bike shop for that as I don't have the tools/bits.

Damn and I was hoping for a ride tomorrow!

Anyway here's how it looks with the Eagle NX :cool:

Before/After:
groupset_before_after.jpg

SRAM_NX_Eagle_3.jpg

Look at the clearance, 32T really is the biggest I'll manage up front!

SRAM_NX_Eagle_crank.jpg

Edit*
I've also now raised the bar over the spacers

handlebar_raised.jpg

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Thanks!

The grips have been upgraded! I'm using the Wolftooth Fat Paw grips which are thick silicone, really comfy but also really plain by nature :p

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Do really look forward to getting out in the full open soon as the cold starts to warm up a bit! At the moment it's a long ride there and back so want to make the most of nicer climate especially for the early morning departures!

Soldato
New fork fitted, Manitou Mezzer Pro LE at 160mm travel (10mm more than standard):

Steerer needs to be trimmed but won't get a chance to do that until tomorrow.

Has slackened the HA by 0.7 degrees, 65.3 now.

Soldato
Like the red bits of contrast!
Cheers, wanted a bit of colour with the bike being grey, got red hope tech 3 V4 brakes, red hope discs, red hope seat collar, red chain guard and red EDC cap.

Next bike will be silver and black, partly because I don't really like any of the other Hope colours apart from purple and didn't have the balls to go that way :D

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Those are cool forks too, I will be in the market for some nice forks in the summer most likely as want to ride tougher trails and make use of some bike parks in the region. Having have a rough browse around, anything that seems decent seem to be in the £400-£500 range - Seems about right?

Soldato
Those are cool forks too, I will be in the market for some nice forks in the summer most likely as want to ride tougher trails and make use of some bike parks in the region. Having have a rough browse around, anything that seems decent seem to be in the £400-£500 range - Seems about right?
What sort of travel? Pike or lyrik ultimate can be had for that money, depending on travel and application. New Mezzer Expert will be that sort of price too.

Soldato
Ahh yes that's your Bobcat trail 3 isn't it.

Couple of issues - your fork looks to be a straight steerer so you'll need a different bottom headset cup, and your fork is QR - anything decent will be bolt through, 110mm x 15mm, and unless your hub can be converted (which is highly unlikely), you're looking at a new hub being laced to your wheel, or a new wheel.

Marzocchi Bomber Z2 would be a great fork and a massive upgrade over the coil sprung SR suntour, but you're probably looking at a new wheel, plus getting the lower headset cup pulled out and a new 44mm external cup pressed in.

I would highly recommend going tubeless (if those tyres are tubeless ready) and fitting a dropper post. Once you start riding stuff where you need to corner properly (i.e. leaning the bike underneath you) a dropper makes things 100x better. A Brand X can be had for £140 or £170 depending on the travel.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Yep the Bobcat :D

Thanks for that most useful, when the time comes I will look back to that and go from there as I think I understand what you mean although I will likely ask questions again lol. Not sure if the wheels are tubeless ready though, can't see anything on them that states as such so will likely have to re-tape the inside to get them ready. Also the front hub might have caps to make them QR and removing the caps and putting in thru axle ones makes them modern. Not sure though so will have to check nearer the time but for a 2020 bike I'd have expected an easy conversion.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
black XX1 chain installed, looks much nicer than grey chain and like the little petrol coloured power locks. Can I just say how cool these connectors are? So easy to install and secure and the SRAM derailleur lock to make changing chains is such a genius systems that I will never look elsewhere now.

SRAM_XX1-chain_package.jpg

SRAM_XX1-chain_installed-front.jpg

SRAM_XX1-chain_rear.jpg

Permabanned
New Bike Day!

My Sonder Frontier :)

Arrived on Wednesday and took it out for a quick spin in the local woods yesterday. Love it, forgotten how differently an MTB handles compared to a road bike. Going to change the fork over to the suspension one I have in the next couple of days. Ordered it with both as it will be used for bikepacking and trail riding.

vihlsS7.jpg

zNhqg5j.jpg

Back
Top Bottom