****The Official Mountain Bicycle Gallery Thread****

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Chonk tyres!
Reminds me of a thread on PH where people were posting their "CAKE EATER" tyres lol, they looked comedy but apparently great for off road!

Pic from this morning on an easy cruise ride along the coast, so cold these days, was -1 and hands were even freezing through the gloves!

gilkicker_mtb.jpg

Associate
Finally able to contribute! :p

Nucleus 27 delivered last week, replaced the plastic junk pedals but that's likely it for a while. Need to upgrade my body first to get any more out of it! :D

Associate
I have ordered mine on Friday, is it any good?
Don't really have anything to compare to, but it feels like a high quality bit of kit for all I've put it through yet. Couple minor complaints but given the spec/price I don't think they're a major issue. Headset bearings are open rather than sealed, which seems a dumb oversight for a UK based seller's in house brand but I guess every penny saved counts, and the paint is particularly thin. Already found a spot worn down where the brake line was rubbing it, and a chip in the top tube finish.

Associate
Don't really have anything to compare to, but it feels like a high quality bit of kit for all I've put it through yet. Couple minor complaints but given the spec/price I don't think they're a major issue. Headset bearings are open rather than sealed, which seems a dumb oversight for a UK based seller's in house brand but I guess every penny saved counts, and the paint is particularly thin. Already found a spot worn down where the brake line was rubbing it, and a chip in the top tube finish.
How are you brakes the front one in particular, I tried to bed in but it’s terrible and does not work properly.

Associate
How are you brakes the front one in particular, I tried to bed in but it’s terrible and does not work properly.
No issues personally, but I've heard of people swapping out the pads and even rotors for Shimano parts and getting an improvement, so it's on my list. Pair of Shimano/Nukeproof etc pads are only around £10 so worth a crack?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Casual 19 mile ride today cut through town because where I live it really is surrounded by nice waters and views:

mtb_blueness.jpg

And then rode past this street and just had to get a pic, which one of you lot lives here then :laugh:

mtb_gays.jpg

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
bnwboardwalk.jpg

Weather was stunning today,. Wheels and frame got a bit filthy at one point no thanks to yesterday's storm but it is what it is. What's sad is I lost front wheel traction riding round a tree like a maniac and slid on my side for about 5 seconds lol.

I managed to keep the bike held high as I slid scraping only the pedal. If I fell on the right side the rear mech would have taken a scraping....

ouch_2.jpg

ouch.jpg

A Costa Lemon Drizzle cake healed all mental wounds though lol.

Associate
20210314-150608.jpg

Had this a couple of years, recently changed bar, stem and grips. Fitted dropper post last week.

Visited QECP today, first time actually riding trails so stuck to the blue route. Was fun, I am very unfit.

Soldato
20210314-150608.jpg

Had this a couple of years, recently changed bar, stem and grips. Fitted dropper post last week.

Visited QECP today, first time actually riding trails so stuck to the blue route. Was fun, I am very unfit.

very nice.

I’m hoping to visit QEP, but just starting out again so need easy runs on Hardtail.

wouldn’t mind renovating my Saracen PowerTrax for a 2nd bike.

Back
Top Bottom