****The Official Mountain Bicycle Gallery Thread****

Associate
popped out this morning for a quick 12k blast around the local hills and thought I'd take the HT as I've barely used it. Swear it used to take me far less time to do this loop, but I guess that's a lack of fitness and taking it a little slower on the descents...

Trying to do a backpack-less setup with the bike, so ninja toolkit under the waterbottle and a naff frame-bag for tube and bits/bobs. (tried one of those enduro strap things and found it moved around so much during rocky descents that it started to hit my legs)

IMG_20200420_114022.jpg

But, I guess I got the spoke tensions wrong on my home-build rear wheel - luckily happened with about 1k to go...

IMG_20200420_120807.jpg

Soldato
Yeah I only have one on mine and just use it for a tool canister and forego the water. If on a slightly longer ride where need water I use a 2L hydro pack / backpack and then larger rucksack / hydropack for longer still / all day outings

zt3ee8ol.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
The lockdown gave me some free time to fix my 2014 Stumpy Evo Carbon. I smashed the Rear D in Wales in May 2015 and it's been sitting in the garage waiting to be fixed. I've been into road riding more over the last 5 years.
So, me and my boy are trail ready now :)

49877398208_416f695e37_b.jpg

Soldato
New bike to replace my 20 year old Giant Terrago.....

Poor Giant just got to the end, front fork was getting worse and worse, then last week the rear brake calipers started to leak fluid at the worst time on a descent. The result was a bail out resulting in 3 spokes being broken. Had to make a decision to repair/replace half the bike or splash out.

Obvs decided on the later.

It's like coming in from the dark ages, first ride on it later :)

Cube Acid 2020

bHqHuc0.jpg

Soldato
Took a bit of finding - ended up getting it from Pedal Heaven who had exactly one in stock - luckily my size. Ordered on Thursday, built Friday, Shipped Monday, Arrived Tuesday :)

Took it out for a quick 5 mile shakedown last night. Huge difference from my old bike (20 year old Giant Terrago!)

Main highlights:
Love the 29" wheels
Love having a front fork that actually works
Like the 1x drive chain although the 3x8 on the Giant allowed me to fine tune the gearing I wanted more. I'll get used to it.
Like the riding position

Look forward to another ride out tonight.

Associate
Took a bit of finding - ended up getting it from Pedal Heaven who had exactly one in stock - luckily my size. Ordered on Thursday, built Friday, Shipped Monday, Arrived Tuesday :)

Took it out for a quick 5 mile shakedown last night. Huge difference from my old bike (20 year old Giant Terrago!)

Main highlights:
Love the 29" wheels
Love having a front fork that actually works
Like the 1x drive chain although the 3x8 on the Giant allowed me to fine tune the gearing I wanted more. I'll get used to it.
Like the riding position

Look forward to another ride out tonight.

I got one start of April to replace a 17 year old specialized hard rock pro. Great bike! Wasn’t sure about the 1x12 setup but after a fair few rides I’m sold. Changed the pedals and the handlebars for wider ones and it’s been great!

Soldato
First dry trails since it was built, for my Jeffsy - with the combination of the wettest winter ever, plus lockdown.

Now need to get the suspension dialled in before I start doing trips to the peak district, Wales etc.

Associate
I fitted an invisiframe kit to my bike. Took a couple of hours, but was pretty simple.
Give the frame a good wipe down with a degreaser before you start.
Make sure to mix the soap/water solution as directed and keep wetting your finger tips and the frame before applying the pieces.
Keep a hairdryer handy for any stubborn edges.

Associate
Thanks for the tips, much appreciated!

I see in those first two pictures you have removed the rear brake caliper and hose, was that required or precautionary?

Looking super nice, good effort.

Back
Top Bottom