****The Official Note III Thread****

Associate
Well I thought I'ed kick this one off, Rumors are now coming in thick and fast as to what the specs will be like. So far this is what we know:

Rumors:

Display: 5.9 inch Full HD
Processor: Exynos 5410 Octa with 4 cores running @ 2.0Ghz and 1.7Ghz
Ram: 3GB

Other rumors include a metal body ;) and an unbreakable flexible display.

Leaked images of the device were recently posted here:
http://www.gsmarena.com/newscomm-5935.php

iwsy9w.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
Normally I would be jealous even though I just got my S4 but can't be dealing with a 6" device though I am sure it will be a superb one.

Soldato
I really hope that leaked image is a fake, it looks horrendous. What's with the huge bezel between home button and screen? :confused:

Edit: Some of the comments say it is actually a 'Zopo zp950' which google images confirms. Phew!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I really hope that leaked image is a fake, it looks horrendous. What's with the huge bezel between home button and screen? :confused:

Edit: Some of the comments say it is actually a 'Zopo zp950' which google images confirms. Phew!

Ya that does look ugly ! glad its not the Note III although I personally think that 6" is a bit too much TBH.

Man of Honour
From SamMobile:

According to our insider Samsung does have 3 good protypes of the Galaxy Note III.
One with the design of the Galaxy S4 which isn’t good news for us. One with a completly different design, which sounds better. And the final one, a flexible display design of the Galaxy Note III. Sadly Samsung isn’t sure to use it cause of flexible display problems.

Soldato
The Note II is a great size imo. If the Note III fits into all my pockets comfortable like the Note I/II then I will look at getting it, one handed use isn't really that important to me.

I hope they remove the Samsung logo from the front in order to maximise screen size and minimise the overall size but I can't see that happening.

Caporegime
Getting stupid with the size now.

They won't be able to do what they did with the GS 4 I.e. pretty much the same size as the gs 3 as the note ii already has a very thin bezel and this is a 0.4 inch increase in screen size as opposed to 0.1 inch increase in screen size.

Last edited:
Soldato
I was soooo looking forward to the Note 3. Thinking it would launch with Android 5, OCTO CPU, 1080p but with a YUOM display.

If this is it I'm gunna be highly dissapointed in samsung me thinks- I was expecting something like what the dude at the CES show pulled out with a curve on the edge of the display - now that woulda made it all worth the wait!!!

Currently contemplating getting a Note II, as I really like the S-Pen I had on my Note 10.1 :( Need to sell this S3 whilst its still worth something lol

Man of Honour
4GB RAM, flexible AMOLED (which goes inline with previous rumour of a plastic AMOLED display)... If that's true and the N3 is thinner than the N2 (doesn't matter if it's a few mm wider, thickness decrease makes it easier to manage) then I'm interested!

Obviously there's a limit to how thin it can be in order to house the stylus.

Soldato
I love my Note II but even at this size i find it a tad too big for my liking when i'm out and about, i could never go for anything bigger than what i already have.

Soldato
Is 4GB RAM really necessary? 1GB let alone 2 tends to suffice. Unless the next version of android requires some serious computing power 4GB ram just seems like boasting rights.

Caporegime
Have a hard time believing anything from sammobile these days, have got so much wrong in the last few years i.e. GS 4 was supposed to have a metal chassis, LCD screen, GS 3 was suppose to have a ceramic back etc............. :o

Besides, it is not exactly hard to guess what it will be like going by the note I/GS 2 and note II/GS 3 :p
I am just expecting the usual spec bump:

- slightly higher clocked CPU
- same camera as the GS 4
- 3GB RAM
- 16GB/32GB storage options with SD slot
- 1920x1080 SAMOLED screen (maybe a bit higher res.)
- Spen
- same design, materials, build etc.

etc.

Still don't see how they are going to increase the screen size to 5.9" without making this one huge phone, note II bezel is already stupidly thin, more or less the same as the GS 4 except for the side bezels and even then there is barely much difference, only way they could pull it of is literally to have edge to edge and lose the Samsung logo on the front, which most definitely won't be happening! :p

But then if they manage to pull it of, they run the risk of the phone being very fragile (assuming they use the same screen/panel as the GS 4) as the GS 4 screen already seems weaker than other phones screens.

There is just no way they can add 0.4" to the screen and keep the same measurements of the note II, going to be at least a 2-3mm increase in width and height (those two dimensions matter most from my experience, especially the width for when it comes to one handed use)

Is 4GB RAM really necessary? 1GB let alone 2 tends to suffice. Unless the next version of android requires some serious computing power 4GB ram just seems like boasting rights.

Just a typical android spec bump really, keep bumping the specs for no real reason other than for purely marketing and also because they will need to make sure it is very good as HTC are getting into the phablet market now. Anything above 1GB isn't necessary (especially with light skins that are well optimised), however, 2-3GB is a nice luxury imo, more stuff stays in the RAM, so means everything should start back up literally instantly and nothing will reload etc.

EDIT:

In fact, you can probably expect the dimensions to be more or less the same as the galaxy mega 5.8" (although it has a smaller battery than the note II [2600 mAh ])

GM 5.8"

162.6 x 82.4 x 9 mm

GN II

151.1 x 80.5 x 9.4 mm

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom