****The Official Note III Thread****

Associate
I've been running temaseks unofficial CM12 and its been pretty great, a few bugs (NFC doesn't work and fb crashes occasionally) but other than that its great

Have you had improved battery life? As mine is appalling at the moment.

Do you have a link to a guide etc for installing and rooting as I have just tried geohots towelroot but it said my device wasnt supported.

Associate
I was using Temaseks CM12, but i every now and then something would break, i.e, video playback on Facebook wasn't working. I have since gone back to stock and i'm waiting for the official Samsung release.

Associate
I was using Temaseks CM12, but i every now and then something would break, i.e, video playback on Facebook wasn't working. I have since gone back to stock and i'm waiting for the official Samsung release.

What was battery life like? I was going to wait for Samsung but they are taking forever!

Soldato
You have a guide and links for this?

have you used custom rom before? you need to flash a custom recovery onto the phone first

Link to Crash Rom, also had video guides too: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2535355

LeanKernel Link: https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=F1ED4BADFEE3FC02&id=F1ED4BADFEE3FC02!251

the one you want is: lk_hlteeur-kk-v3.7

Flash the ROM, let it reboot, once phone isup and working, reboot back to custom recovery and flash the kernel, reboot, done!

Last edited:
Soldato
Not that I used it much (other than to use the internal thermometer) - but does S Health work for anyone any more on their Note 3 ?

mine says "Health Service needs to be updated" - but then when I click on OK it comes back with product does not exist in this store

perhaps I disabled some service that it uses accidentally

on a positive - has Watchon come back ?

Soldato
Just picked one of these up to replace my HTC One M7 and initial impression coming out the box is just wow, the screen is amazing both size and colour reproduction wise. Coming from a 4.7" 1080p screen to 5.7" one you can tell a little difference in pixel density but doesn't detract from the experience at all. Battery life is great so far and s-pen, despite bad rep in the press is a very nice addition to some apps.

I do have big hands so feels great to handle but does feel somewhat tight in the jean pocket, just picked up a Spigen case which is also top notch quality but adds more bulk so will see how easy it is to live with in the coming weeks. Only area that feels little underwhelming is the camera which I suppose is from the S4 era so not the newest tech. There's a processing pause after every shot and doesn't appear as snappy (pun not intended) as M7 but definitely a lot more consistent, will have to see what it's like once I've had a chance to test it in different scenarios.

Also I wouldn't call it laggy but it isn't as smooth as the M7, no lollipop update on this one yet so see if that makes a difference.

Associate
Just picked one of these up to replace my HTC One M7 and initial impression coming out the box is just wow, the screen is amazing both size and colour reproduction wise. Coming from a 4.7" 1080p screen to 5.7" one you can tell a little difference in pixel density but doesn't detract from the experience at all. Battery life is great so far and s-pen, despite bad rep in the press is a very nice addition to some apps.

I do have big hands so feels great to handle but does feel somewhat tight in the jean pocket, just picked up a Spigen case which is also top notch quality but adds more bulk so will see how easy it is to live with in the coming weeks. Only area that feels little underwhelming is the camera which I suppose is from the S4 era so not the newest tech. There's a processing pause after every shot and doesn't appear as snappy (pun not intended) as M7 but definitely a lot more consistent, will have to see what it's like once I've had a chance to test it in different scenarios.

Also I wouldn't call it laggy but it isn't as smooth as the M7, no lollipop update on this one yet so see if that makes a difference.

Turn off smart stabilisation and the "processing" will go away for good :)

Soldato
I'm on Three but phone was bought standalone not locked to any network

Which version do I have to wait for ? Three or the non branded firmware ?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom