****The Official Note III Thread****

emu

emu

Associate
since I had that little update to lollipop my battery seems to be a lot better

im getting roughly 4 and a half to 5 hours screen on time

Soldato
Every now and again my wife's note 3 alarm doesn't go off. She has had the phone for around 18 months and in that time the alarm has failed around 5 times (kit kat and lollipop). She then removes the alarm and readds it, but the fact it fails even occasionally is a concern. Anyone else experience this, any way of catching this or correcting it?

Soldato
I can't really advise on fixing it but I've used alarm clock xtreme daily for the past 4 years (18 months on my note 3) and its not failed once. May be worth looking at.

Soldato
The only true fix would be a factory reset - but i'm loath todo that as it maybe something she does which causes it to occur. i'm not a great fan of what Samsung has done to Android with her Note :(

Soldato
I went for AGES blaming my alarm not working

till I realised I wasn't pressing Save ... for some reason it doesn't seem that obvious - I was just pressing back

Soldato
Is Facebook Messenger causing havoc for anyone else on their phone? If I'm browsing the internet it locks up my browser a lot of the time until I hit the home bottom and minimise the chat by dragging it to the bottom. The chat windows don't even appear over the browser anymore and I've tried reinstalling the app a few times.

Soldato
I got fed up with waiting for the UK Lollipop ROM to become available OTA, so just flashed the Polish version. So far so good without resorting to a full wipe. Must say battery life has significantly improved for me.

Contract will be up in October but the Note 3 is the first phone where I don't have the urge to upgrade to something else after 12-18 months. Its still a very capable handset.

Associate
Got another really annoying problem with my note. I get intermittent charging with nearly all my usb cables as there must be something loose.

Has anyone experienced this?

I want to get Samsung to fix it but I don't think they will as I am not using the supplied charger\wire as I have lost or destroyed them.

We have a Samsung shop in Liverpool. Can I take it in to be fixed like an Apple shop does?

Soldato
yes - clean the charging port using a bit of rolled up cotten wool with a VERY small amount of white spirits. they pick up gunk over time and need cleaning!

Back
Top Bottom