****The Official Note III Thread****

Soldato
Welp, got my phone back from repair and they flashed 5.0 on it, except they put the Vodafone firmware on it... One of the apps is called 'MeinVodafone', lol...

If there's no BTU update I may as well as flash the 3 one since that's the network I'm on anyway.

Permabanned
I'm using Lollipop 5.1 now on my Note 3 courtesy of Temaseks 5.1 ROM (v9.5) on XDA. I was using Temaseks 5.0 before that for the past couple months and I'm very impressed with how good it's been for me. Unbelievably good battery and so many features that I just could not do without now.

Man of Honour
Can somebody spec me a decent case that doesn't get in the way of the sensors please?

I'm using a Rock Smart UI App Transparent View Case Flip Cover but when I went outside to Stargaze none of my Apps would work correctly so I took the case off and they behaved.

Permabanned
Can somebody spec me a decent case that doesn't get in the way of the sensors please?

I'm using a Rock Smart UI App Transparent View Case Flip Cover but when I went outside to Stargaze none of my Apps would work correctly so I took the case off and they behaved.

I stopped using flip covers when I noticed the micro scratches caused by the view screen after prolonged use. Added to the awkwardness when trying to take pictures etc.

I now use a Spigen Neo Hybrid case (£17) and Tempered glass screen protector (£2.50). My Note 3 has never looked so good or been so well protected. Plus it is way more functional. Even had a few ladies on the tram home strike up a conversation because of it,; is there a better endorsement? ;)

Permabanned
Which colour have you got?
They all look good.
Indded they all do though I went with the red. Many months later I'm still enamoured with how good the phone looks. The tempered glass is excellent as well. I forget it is there it's so clear and it has a small cut out for the front camera etc so it doesn't put a layer of glass over it.

Associate
OK love the phone but finding the Samsung roms are slowly introducing problems for me. I'm tempted to try CM/Temasek, what sort of things do I lose from Touch wiz ? What is there Camera performance like, I also heard there is a loss of sound quality?

Associate
OK love the phone but finding the Samsung roms are slowly introducing problems for me. I'm tempted to try CM/Temasek, what sort of things do I lose from Touch wiz ? What is there Camera performance like, I also heard there is a loss of sound quality?

You'll lose:
- S pen features - non Samsung ROMs don't differentiate between the s pen and a finger.
- multiwindow
- the Samsung camera. (There are other camera apps available, but they are of lower quality.)
- there are more, but these are the maim ones IMO.

I don't know about loss of sound quality though I'm afraid.

Associate
You'll lose:
- S pen features - non Samsung ROMs don't differentiate between the s pen and a finger.
- multiwindow
- the Samsung camera. (There are other camera apps available, but they are of lower quality.)
- there are more, but these are the maim ones IMO.

I don't know about loss of sound quality though I'm afraid.

Thanks, when you say the camera apps are a lower quality, are we talking features or are you saying the photos it takes will be of a lower quality? Presumably if I use something like the google camera app in my touchwiz rom I will see that same quality as using it in Cyanogen or is there something in the kernel relating to the image sensor that is not as good under cyanogen?

Permabanned
1. You can still have S-Pen functionality as I do by using S-Pen command.

2. If you use Multi-window you can use an Xposed module that does that.

3. I'm an amateur photographer so don't use the camera solely but on the times I've needed to the supplied camera seems just the same quality as the stock. The video also now does do 4K if that's your thing.

4. If anything the sound for me is better due to the built-in AudioFX; basically an equaliser for all outputs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom