Poll: The Official OcUK EU Referendum Exit poll (and results discussion thread)

How did you vote in the EU Referendum?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 861 53.0%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 763 47.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
We left because we wanted democracy at home, not abroad with some unelected onion seller making rules for us.

... but they are not un-elected, nor have they ever been. The national political parties elect members on our behalf. This is the same in every other member country. We gave them that mandate.

I hope the £350mil we get back they can make a golden statue of both Boris and Farage with 24/06/16 our independence day :D

One of the first claims to be completely disowned by Farage this morning was the 350mil claim. It was wrong before the referendum, and they knew it.

Permabanned
Some of us do not want what the snp spout. I wish she would stop saying the scottish people have said bla blah

The snp should crawl back under the stone they came from.

Will England accept scottish migrants please if sturgoen gets her way :D

I wonder if i could get dual citizenship seeing as i was born in England :p

Soldato
I was talking to people about this when we were campaigning today. Corbyn has a lot of support, but I think that a decent left wing candidate who had the sense to pick his battles and deal with the media properly could win. The three other candidates we had before would lose again.
Dan Jarvis imo. Would make me reconsider Labour again.

Do we think she'll get it? I don't.

No, I'm not sure she will either, and even if she does get it, I'm not convinced she would win.

The economic argument that was sold last time is completely gone, with oil as low as it is now. An independent Scotland would be required to join the Euro too, and accept a level of austerity, which I don't see the Scottish people voting for either. Give it a few years, and we'll see the SNP slowly decline.

Soldato
Unfortunately Farage has already admitted it won't be going to the NHS....that didn't take long to back down on the campaign claims did it :D

The Tories have spent thirty years trying to dismantle the NHS. Only a fool believed they would magically have a change of heart and undo all their previous harm.

Associate
Do we think she'll get it? I don't.

She needs to wind her neck in to be honest..

There are just as many people that did not vote AT ALL in scotland as there are that voted leave and remain COMBINED.

So saying she has a mandate to hold another referendum because scotland voted to remain is just another example of a politician TELLING LIES.

And thats why the vote turned out like it has because we are all sick of them .

I am disgusted.

Ashamed to be English.

Our younger generation will suffer. They have now Lost there freedom to live and work around Europe.

Many would struggle to find love outside of this place.

A lot of us here have patterns from Europe where if we wasn't in the eu we probably never have met each other.

I hope you leavers are happy and dancing in joy. Thanks

Very high proportion of younger voters voted to remain across the board, some interesting stats around, also higher proportion of people with degree's voted to remain.

Man of Honour
I may do. To cut off freedom is what leavers have done. No clue whatsoever and voted for the wrong reasons. Now watch us go into free fall and you have no one but yourself to blame

This isn't what's happened. You'll be able to go and live wherever you want in Europe, the red tape will be minor, if there's any at all.

The reality is, most British people don't want to go and live abroad, despite what they might say.

Soldato
The way people are acting all over social media (and here) to each other is the most disappointing part of this whole thing...

Seeing people who have never shown any interest or engaged in politics in any way get caught up in the propaganda of one side or the other and tirelessly crap on at each other, trying to aggressively force their views on everyone... and now that the result is out simply resorting to name calling and arrogant statements rather than accept the fact that it didn't go their way...

It's incredibly short-sighted to assume that every leave voter did so purely because they are racist and want to get rid of immigrants... Or to suggest that to vote that way they must be completely "retarded" etc... Please all just try and get over yourselves a bit, it's embarassing

Associate
... We gave them that mandate.

No. When people voted to join in the 1970s they had no idea it was going to lead to loss of sovereignty and the utter nonsense we have today. Trying asking some people who voted in the 1970s.

This referendum is the first time since 1970 that we have had a chance to decide whether we want to be in or out. And the people have voted OUT. Quite clearly.

Soldato
The FT's thoughts on the result:

TTHhD1wl.jpg

I feel very lucky that I had the privilege to work all over Europe in my 20s and early 30s. It made me a better person, with a broader perspective on life. It's a shame that a new generation won't have the same level of opportunity. Britain will be poorer for it.

Associate
Come on, all together now!!

The leaders committed a cardinal sin,
opened the borders let them all come in,
illegal immigrants in every town,
stand up and be counted Blair and Brown

Oh yes! When we take charge,
and the new Prime Minister is Farage,
We can trade with the world again,
When Nigel is at Number Ten.

Status
Not open for further replies.