***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Soldato
22852003_10215455737573569_4902080443083335512_n.jpg

22886056_10215455737533568_6628868536864898402_n.jpg

22886231_10215455737853576_4668688517241564911_n.jpg

http://www.psymonkee.com/crawlercrane/

Soldato
Worst part is I saw it a couple of years back on Amazon at £80 but had to pass due to lack of money. Few weeks later it's EOL and gone forever. Kept tabs on it and searched around on Google and found a toy store that still had one at RRP (£110, some 40 cheaper than the next!) but of course the box wasn't in the best condition. Luckily I'm not a box guy! :)

Soldato
Also enjoyed the crawler crane, think I picked one up in petrol heads group buy offer year before last.

Currently looking at some of the Lepin MOC cars, e.g. Koenigsegg, got the itch for a couple of new sets and the Lego H2 offerings this year have been dire.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Nah???!!! I paid 8 bills for a second hand Taj Mahal a few years ago :( :(

Ah well guess I can get a sealed one now for the collection.

Associate
Saturn v came back in stock at Lego this morning.
Missed the initial stock, but have ordered on back order to ship by the 9th! That’s my points from the falcon redeemed!
Also comes with 2 free sets little gift set things!

Soldato
Nah???!!! I paid 8 bills for a second hand Taj Mahal a few years ago :( :(

Ah well guess I can get a sealed one now for the collection.

That is the reason I don't like to buy retired sets and pay way over RRP when first released, as if Lego decide to re issue means I've really paid over the odds. I wouldn't mind replacing the few Lepin sets I've got which I purchased to fill in gaps, so if Lego re-issue those sets I'd re-buy them just to get genuine Lego

Soldato
Saturn v came back in stock at Lego this morning.
Missed the initial stock, but have ordered on back order to ship by the 9th! That’s my points from the falcon redeemed!
Also comes with 2 free sets little gift set things!

Did you ever get that Lepin ewok village? Can't remember if it was you that ordered one.

Caporegime
This re-release is interesting for the collector perspective.
I certainly wouldn't want to keep any sets more than 8 years now.

May actually do quite a lot of damage to collector market. Has put me off buying retired sets too

Soldato
This re-release is interesting for the collector perspective.
I certainly wouldn't want to keep any sets more than 8 years now.

May actually do quite a lot of damage to collector market. Has put me off buying retired sets too

I am also a collector of model car kits, Tamiya etc... The resale value of unbuilt and retired sets are high, but soon as a re-issue happens, most likely an F40 lol the resale value plummets. So I've never really purchased any retired model cars and just waited until hopefully one day a reissue is made.

I've adopted the same for Lego, and will happily buy a cheaper £100 or less Lepin knock off and hope one day a reissue is made where I'll then replace with the genuine item. In the long run I get a perfectly good display model and can buy it again if reissued.

I'm a collector, and not a seller. I buy to collect and not see it sit in a box and hopefully one day sell to make money. I've purchased a house to do that lol but no - joking aside. I do like to collect but I don't like the pay over RRP.

there are pros and cons, I can see the market for it, some just want to get that missing item and are willing to pay for it. That is up to them and it is their money. Likewise it is the collectors item to do as he pleases.

Soldato
It looks a bit small ;) :p

lol I have the same set, and its actually a good play set. My daughter loves to play with it, and its really solid , and even if the kids destroy it, it only takes as already quoted 5 hours to rebuild.

You still can't back order a UCS millennium falcon. Lego are dropping the ball. Lepin have the set and its reviewed by reddit and facebook etc and it looks just the same, for £166. Many could be tempted due to lack of supply and also the cost. I'll keep waiting it out, I might eventually get the option to back order at least.

Back
Top Bottom