***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Caporegime
lol I have the same set, and its actually a good play set. My daughter loves to play with it, and its really solid , and even if the kids destroy it, it only takes as already quoted 5 hours to rebuild.

You still can't back order a UCS millennium falcon. Lego are dropping the ball. Lepin have the set and its reviewed by reddit and facebook etc and it looks just the same, for £166. Many could be tempted due to lack of supply and also the cost. I'll keep waiting it out, I might eventually get the option to back order at least.

Quite amazing really. Hard to blame people for getting it from there given its cheaper and available for Christmas.

Soldato
Quite amazing really. Hard to blame people for getting it from there given its cheaper and available for Christmas.

Guy on facebook is selling the set with a box, next day in stock UK delivery for £239. He is selling quite a few, as even though its more then direct from china via Ali Express - the guy is getting you the box and kit next day in the UK for a heck of a lot less then Lego RRP and has it in stock.

Lego have dropped the ball, they hyped the set up, and then fail to supply demand.

Caporegime
Guy on facebook is selling the set with a box, next day in stock UK delivery for £239. He is selling quite a few, as even though its more then direct from china via Ali Express - the guy is getting you the box and kit next day in the UK for a heck of a lot less then Lego RRP and has it in stock.

Lego have dropped the ball, they hyped the set up, and then fail to supply demand.

Yep, dunno if it's genuine as they literally can't produce more in time or whatever, and wanted it out by Christmas, but hard to believe they haven't got a fair few ready to go on sales.
Should just release what they have every month. I dunno.
Makes you wonder if it's worth the loss of sales to just release a few and wait undefined amount of time for next allowing China to copy

Soldato
Yep, dunno if it's genuine as they literally can't produce more in time or whatever, and wanted it out by Christmas, but hard to believe they haven't got a fair few ready to go on sales.
Should just release what they have every month. I dunno.
Makes you wonder if it's worth the loss of sales to just release a few and wait undefined amount of time for next allowing China to copy

Whatever the reasons - looking at the Lepin copy and its quality - anyone that gets fed up waiting or just wants a set and to save the cost, its a lost sale for Lego and will continue to be so each day the set is out of stock.

It must be down to storage, warehouse and stock control and floats, yet the just announced Taj Mahal is making a comeback, second largest set to the Falcon, and also they have announced the Joker fun house, another 3000+ set. And all three sets are available from Ali Express - the joker fun house is up for pre sale in Ali Express - how I don't know , I have no idea how Lepin is getting the instructions, or anything.. The older retired sets I can totally understand, as the PDF instructions are well available, but the newer falcon and the Joker fun house? Well, just unbelievable.

Soldato
Whatever the reasons - looking at the Lepin copy and its quality - anyone that gets fed up waiting or just wants a set and to save the cost, its a lost sale for Lego and will continue to be so each day the set is out of stock.

It must be down to storage, warehouse and stock control and floats, yet the just announced Taj Mahal is making a comeback, second largest set to the Falcon, and also they have announced the Joker fun house, another 3000+ set. And all three sets are available from Ali Express - the joker fun house is up for pre sale in Ali Express - how I don't know , I have no idea how Lepin is getting the instructions, or anything.. The older retired sets I can totally understand, as the PDF instructions are well available, but the newer falcon and the Joker fun house? Well, just unbelievable.

Rogue employee's springs to mind. Would be a hell of a thing for lego to swallow. As much of a huge lego fan i am especially of starwars lego lately i do hope lepin can damage lego slightly for missjudging there own brand popularity and demand for the products they are making right now.

Soldato
Rogue employee's springs to mind. Would be a hell of a thing for lego to swallow. As much of a huge lego fan i am especially of starwars lego lately i do hope lepin can damage lego slightly for missjudging there own brand popularity and demand for the products they are making right now.

With the recent lay offs it does seem a little suspect that Lepin have started to presale items not long on sale by Lego or even not even for sale yet. Apparently the Chinese courts have now acknowledged Lego as a brand, meaning Lego can try and stop their brand being copied, but as long as Lepin and others do not use the Lego branding or sell minifigs - which they do just not assembled or advertised with most sets - well not that I've seen on ali express then not sure if the Chinese brick market is going anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom