***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Associate
I currently have two pieces from my Falcon on the shelf since I can't figure out where they came from to reattach them.

It is such a pain to move that I am getting a coffee table/display case and it is never moving again! :)

Associate
Shame the space shuttle didn't make it past ideas board.
The next lot look garbage imo.

I'm gutted the Shuttle didn't make it. I didn't think the Saturn V launch stand would be made, but after the success of the Saturn, I am surprised they didn't go for the Shuttle.

I also agree the next batch doesn't look very interesting.

Soldato
Found the UCS Falcon very easy to move and not as heavy as I was expecting.

Bit worried about the Snowspeeder being fragile as thats still to be built.... Hopefully its better than Slave 1

Soldato
The UCS Snowspeeder is IMO worse. That model just walking past it knocks bits off - but no joking, Slave 1 is IMO sturdier then the UCS Snowspeeder. Both are still great models though.

I agree... the Snowspeeder is really cleverly constructed, the way they've managed to get the odd polygonal angles etc. but it leaves the model very fragile

Soldato
I just don't feel like the Snowspeeder is designed to move much. With slave 1 you've got the rotating "wings" but I'm too scared to rotate them as they're so flimsy. At least the Snowspeeder can be handled in the way it's designed, even with the weak points.

Caporegime
The snowspeeder is my favourite ucs model. The tie fighter is sturdy but the snowspeeder sits on top of my jet black subwooofer with its tilted stand and looks awesome.

I can forgive it that looking at it causes the baffles underneath to shed.

Soldato
UCS Red 5 is very sturdy, R2D2 is also well built, not all the UCS models are fragile. The strongest once I own is in fact the super star destroyer - that is very easy to move around considering its length and size.

The Death Star II is super fragile. The stand it comes with is also really not strong enough, I dropped my Death Star II once, total rebuild.

Associate
All this talk of fragile UCS models and no one has mentioned the Tumbler yet :D Even a mild wind can cause all of the panels on that thing to fall off :D
My mate has the tumbler - we noticed a panel had fallen off when he was showing me it and it took about 10 mins of both of us looking to work out where it went back on!

Associate
Tumbler is a nightmare. Every time I move house and unbox it, some damn black piece falls off, and you can never tell where it came from!

Falcon also always breaks whenever it gets moved!

R2 is a very sturdy set as is the UCS Tie Fighter.

The imperial shuttle is a strange one though, although it feels very solid.....if you dropped it with the wings opened, that would be a lot of snapped Technic pieces!
I also find the stand for the imperial shuttle shakey too. Very easy for it to sway!

Associate
27337063_10155315354534537_5066883105965976760_n.jpg
my collection of Technic and a few other little pieces,

Associate
Recently got into Technic after not playing since I was a kid! Got the Claas tractor and the Racing truck....

Looking to get the Porsche/Mack next but need to raise funds. I've built up my old lego sets (all from 90s), where do people usually sell this stuff - eBay?

Alex

Back
Top Bottom