***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Caporegime
Thanks for the pictures. Blimey thats quite some difference....

I actually couldnt find any articles about the discolouration, is the above your own Sian? or from a website?
Sadly mine isn’t much better. The lime green even on some of the smaller pieces isn’t a great match and I haven’t even got to the bodywork yet.

Caporegime
Shame. Thanks for coming back eventually MissChief! :p

Does Lego acknowledge this problem I wonder?Would they do anything about it in terms of compensation for example?
From all the comments on lego etc nope.
It's terrible really.
Id really like the set. But I'm not paying for that level of quality

Caporegime
I suspect the parts are made from different plastics so getting a good colour match is difficult whereas the knock offs use the same plastic throughout so a match is easier to get.

Associate
Took advantage of the JL 20% to finally order the UCS Falcon and UCS ISD. No idea where I will put them yet.

After moving in Feb I have to rebuild all my models. Going to have UCS Red 5, UCS Tie, UCS SSD, original UCS Falcon plus the new ones when they arrive.

Going to try and get my 11 year old involved on the rebuild as some quality time. Hopefully we don’t fall out doing it!

Associate
Took advantage of the JL 20% to finally order the UCS Falcon and UCS ISD. No idea where I will put them yet.

After moving in Feb I have to rebuild all my models. Going to have UCS Red 5, UCS Tie, UCS SSD, original UCS Falcon plus the new ones when they arrive.

Going to try and get my 11 year old involved on the rebuild as some quality time. Hopefully we don’t fall out doing it!

I believe you win at Dading

Associate
All of the old ones are in 1 big box each. I asked the wife to get them ready to move. She took them fully apart and dumped them in a big plastic box each. I’m just hoping all pieces are there or I’m going to be buying lots of individual spares.

Soldato
£100 and you have to buy them through the adidas app. It’s also pot luck whether you get a pair or not, you put in your payment details and they will just pick you out of a hat, charge your card and send them to you if your lucky enough.

On the flip side they are pretty garish and I’d never wear them and I don’t buy shoes to collect... Perhaps a 5-9 year old could pull off that look. Collectors only I think.

Soldato
No, that's just what they cost. The Falcon one I got was 100+.

Your other choice is to take those measurements and go to a perspex manufacturer and put it together yourself

I doubt doing it that way will be any cheaper either buying acrylic in small volumes isn't cheap and then all the cutting, polishing, assembly and the base. At that point you might as well just buy one.

It might be better to look at glass if you are going DIY, plastic scratches really easily.

Back
Top Bottom