1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rameses, 26 Nov 2008.

1. thespy007

Associate

Can anyone advise if a website brickdirect sells genuine Lego.

2. Reuben klang

Gangster

That does look good. I'm tempted to get it and the Nintendo but just don't have the space for them!

3. b0rn2sk8

Soldato

What makes you think it isn't genuine?

4. kaiowas

Capodecina

Porsche arrived this morning, built the Turbo already. Very impressed with it, the shape is much better than I was expecting from the pictures although it’s a little bigger than I was expecting (Pretty much the same size as the Mustang which I’d assumed was only bigger than the rest of the creator cars by virtue of its American-ness. It dwarfs the Beetle and makes the F40 look way too small.

Steering is nicely done too, don’t think it would take a lot to adapt to include suspension.

One thing which I though was odd was the Porsche logo on the bonnet. For a properly licensed model it’s a very ‘simple’ graphic of a style you’d expect on a unlicensed product that was trying to see how far they can push the boundaries before the lawyers get involved.

Last edited: 21 Feb 2021
  5. pepp77

Mobster

I had the Defender delivered on Thursday, so did a couple of hours on Friday evening for bag 1, then did bags two and three on saturday (must have easily been another 5 or 6 hours), then completed bag 4 yesterday (another couple of hours). Very intricate build and hugely satisfying when things work at the end :)

6. IanAG

Wise Guy

Cheers guys, manned up and mounted it on the wall over the weekend, seems alright so far!

7. kaiowas

Capodecina

Been doing a bit of tinkering tonight, got front suspension working on the Porsche although it could do with a little refinement. Also got a few ideas for the rear to have a go at tomorrow

8. Boge

Wise Guy

So my Porsche arrived a week after ordering. There was no VIP welcome pack and no extra goodies at all in the box, nada.

Sent off an email to customer services to let them know that I will not be doing a pre-order again because there is absolutely no incentive to do so anymore..

But. Just had a very nicely worded email back today apologising and they've given me £20 worth of VIP points on account.

Fair play Lego. Faith restored.

9. steve5424

Wise Guy

That was really nice of them.

It's not usually my thing but I've just ordered the Harry Potter 4 Privet Drive set.

I love the book series and thought its a great looking set and was only £47.99 on amazon.

10. pepp77

Mobster

11. steve5424

Wise Guy

12. GSXRMovistar

Sgarrista

Terrible photo as I only have a couple of bare bulbs wired up presently, but tided up the loft a little and put in a couple more shelves for some of the recent kits that have been assembled the past months.

Next job will be to fit some better lighting.

[​IMG]

13. theone8181

Soldato

I think you might have posted some before, as I remember seeing the cars vertical. That is a fantastic setup though.

14. GSXRMovistar

Sgarrista

Yeah its kinda grown a bit, originally just a potion of the rear wall with a few small shelves on it. But its all unused space up there so may as well are use of it plus keeps it all from cluttering up the house.

15. Reuben klang

Gangster

Okay i'm jealous of that set up.

16. EddScott

Sgarrista

Beautiful. Very nicely done.

17. 413x

Capodecina

How much does fitting a loft space up to a spec like this cost? Seems like a fabulous use of space

18. steve5424

Wise Guy

My 4 Privet Drive just got delivered.

Sadly can't build it now as due to move in 3 weeks. So it will have to wait.

19. GSXRMovistar

Sgarrista

Nothing fancy here at all, this portion of the loft above our extension was built with load bearing joists so it could in theory be converted to a liveable space however all I've done is put down some loft boards, splashed a bit of white paint on the bare block wall and put up some shelves using cheap brackets and leftover spare wood from the Ikea freebie bin.

20. ajf

Mobster

Have you noticed any issues with the heat in the summer on the Lego?
    Our loft gets really toasty and only store a few sets up there at the moment.