***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Associate
Had the same issue when the new Porsche was released. The freebie pack was in my basket when I paid but disappeared when it was shipped.

I complained to Lego and they gave me £20 worth of VIP points by way of compensation (those freebies were selling for upwards of £70 on Ebay)

I was still peed off about about it all and decided to return it.

They sent me a Royal Mail Label to stick on the box and I took it to the local post office. But they refused to accept it as it was a "click and drop" label and would only be accepted at my "local" sorting depot which is a 30 mile round trip.

So I mailed Lego again to ask for an alternative return option and they just sent me another label exactly the same as the first one (£10.55 a go)

So I mailed them again saying that I can't use Royal Mail because I don't have a car and just can't send it that way.

What they do? They gave me a refund of £119.99 direct into my account with no request to send it back.

That's one weird business model.

Last edited:
Soldato
Had the same issue when the new Porsche was released. The freebie pack was in my basket when I paid but disappeared when it was shipped.

I complained to Lego and they gave me £20 worth of VIP points by way of compensation (those freebies were selling for upwards of £70 on Ebay)

I was still peed off about about it all and decided to return it.

They sent me a Royal Mail Label to stick on the box and I took it to the local post office. But they refused to accept it as it was a "click and drop" label and would only be accepted at my "local" sorting depot which is a 30 mile round trip.

So I mailed Lego again to ask for an alternative return option and they just sent me another label exactly the same as the first one (£10.55 a go)

So I mailed them again saying that I can't use Royal Mail because I don't have a car and just can't send it that way.

What they do? They gave me a refund of £199.99 direct into my account with no request to send it back.

That's one weird business model.
Shows how much profit they make:D. Might buy several Falcons and try that:cry:.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Have the tree house in the loft as well... This thread coupled with Brickwatch is a killer.. great for my air miles though!
That's definitely your fault @pepp77!

Hopefully the kids can sell it all when I die and pay off their student loans :cry:

Soldato
My treehouse is on display just inside my front door :)

Then I have discovery to build but looks like it might be a nice weekend so might go Southend instead.

I’ve kept all the boxes as mint as I can and they are in my loft (which thankfully doesn’t get damp or dirty), any spares for a set are in said boxes and the manuals are all stored nice and neatly in a box.

I’m hoping that when I want to retire that this will allow me to sell them well.

Soldato
Started building my medieval blacksmith yesterday.

I thought the tree would be a bit tedious but actually it's a really nice element of the build. This makes me want to buy the Flowers and Bonsai Tree now.

The blacksmith isn't quite as fun to build as the barracuda bay was but it is a very enjoyable build and looks fantastic on display with my vintage castle, robin hood and pirates

Last edited:
Soldato
My Ulysses probe came today and if I am honest I am a little underwhelmed after all of the hype/fuss of getting one.

It name in a generic yellow box with the window in the front to show what it is. I've not opened it yet, but I really don't think you are missing out unless you are a serious collector. Even then I'd think before bothering to get one on the secondary market, I can't see these holding the silly prices for long.

I am going to keep it but I don't think I'll rush to build it like I did the shuttle.

Soldato
Finished the Barcode truck (8479)

Positives its a cool set with some clever bits, also good to see/remember how the old Lego Technic kits used to go together.

Negatives, jez this set was a pain in the backside to assemble, instructions are terrible compared to now, fragile until complete and several times I had to take apart to correct mistakes made.

Now building the Mould King 13145S McLaren 720S and its a much more enjoyable set to build, I'm also finding the quality of the parts, instructions and packaging actually exceeding that of Lego.

Soldato
Finished the Barcode truck (8479)

Positives its a cool set with some clever bits, also good to see/remember how the old Lego Technic kits used to go together.

Negatives, jez this set was a pain in the backside to assemble, instructions are terrible compared to now, fragile until complete and several times I had to take apart to correct mistakes made.

Now building the Mould King 13145S McLaren 720S and its a much more enjoyable set to build, I'm also finding the quality of the parts, instructions and packaging actually exceeding that of Lego.
I've found a lot of my older sets (that one include) have become very brittle. For instance on that one, the wheels have a crack in them around where the post goes through them so they are no longer a tight fit and fall off easily. I don't know if it's general aging or if it's because they've been in a loft for a long time (some fully built).

Back
Top Bottom