The official opteron 170 overclocking thread

Associate
it's all gone quite on the opty overclocking front. is everyone too busy priming?
i haven't had chance to test anymore than what im currently at: 2.6ghz @ 1.4v
Do anyone know if these chips prefer any particular dividers or not?

Rich

Caporegime
OP
Hesky82 have you primed yet for any length of time?

I have an opteron with the same setting as you and was amazed I was straight in at 2.6 on stock vcore!

Short PI test is no good IMO are you prime stable?

Associate
easyrider, what torture test are you using? I noticed the memory usage is very very low for both primes95 applications. for a better stability test I find it best to run a custom torture test and set the memory usage to around 800mb's per instance of prime, or 400mb's if your still running 1gb of ram. you run gskill hz 2gb's hz I think, so I 800mbs would just right.

Dreadi said:
turn off the heating in your room and open the windows a crack, that'll get it nice and cold in there

I think its only fair to stress my system in normal conditions, I'm to warm blooded to play games etc with the window open in winter :) I need to find better cooling tbh

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Hesky82 said:
easyrider, what torture test are you using?

using small FFT to really heat that cpu you up.TBH my temps are fine with the stock vcore.

quick update I tried 2.8 stock vcore and core 1 failed after 3 mins.So I small bump is needed for 2.8 which is my goal.

FX 62 speeds.Fingers crossed my ram will do 280 mhz :)

Back
Top Bottom