*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Caporegime
Why do these have to go out of stock so darn quick :p I'm on the stock checker site daily and whenever I try to buy they bloody go :D

Edit

Just reserved a console only in argos for tomorrow!! Sweet. Looking forward to converting from a 360 to PS. I take it all I need is the online sub to get me started? And a game of course :)

You get a 30 day trial in the box (you can't use it if you previously trialed PS+ I think).

After that you can buy a cheap 1 year pass (if you want) from www.cdkeys.com or various other places.

rp2000

Soldato
Why do these have to go out of stock so darn quick :p I'm on the stock checker site daily and whenever I try to buy they bloody go :D

Edit

Just reserved a console only in argos for tomorrow!! Sweet. Looking forward to converting from a 360 to PS. I take it all I need is the online sub to get me started? And a game of course :)

You get a 30 day trial in the box (you can't use it if you previously trialed PS+ I think).

After that you can buy a cheap 1 year pass (if you want) from www.cdkeys.com or various other places.

rp2000

Thanks for that mate will check them out for sure!

Soldato
Just a quickie for all, do you guys have to hold your finger over the eject button for a few secs to pop the discs out or do you just tap it? I could have swore at first I just tapped it but lately I'm having to just hold my finger over it for a few secs to get a disc out...

Associate
I'm still on the fence about the PS4. Have had every PS since 1, loved 2 and 3. But the amount of games coming out on it (Unless there's an FF exclusive) aren't justifiable for me.

Especially considering I want to buy a new PC.. =| One expensive month coming up!

Soldato
Just a quickie for all, do you guys have to hold your finger over the eject button for a few secs to pop the discs out or do you just tap it? I could have swore at first I just tapped it but lately I'm having to just hold my finger over it for a few secs to get a disc out...

I think it depends what type of disc it is. A movie ejects straight away, a game one you have to press and hold if the game is still running or once if the game application is closed. At least that's as far as I can gather.

Caporegime
I've listed my used black one on eBay decided to just keep the red and blue ones and it's already at £40! Can buy new ones for £49, eBay users are crazy. :eek:

I've sold phones on eBay after using them for 6-9 months for more than what I paid for them brand new.

The only bad thing about eBay is the sheer number of idiots who try and screw you over and the fees, eBay own PayPal so they make money from both the sale and the transfer of cash.

Soldato
I charged my blue pad off my phone USB charger to mains yesterday and it hasn't lost charge all day. My red pad on the other hand did not last nearly as long as was charged off the PS4.

Could be in my head :p

Just trying out dont starve. What the hell am i supposed to be doing? No tutorial or anything just puts you in a world with a load of stuff you can pick up?

I gave up after 10 minutes. Bored the hell out of me.

It gets pretty good once you get built up. Pretty addictive for me :)

Soldato
Just trying out dont starve. What the hell am i supposed to be doing? No tutorial or anything just puts you in a world with a load of stuff you can pick up?

I gave up after 10 minutes. Bored the hell out of me.

You have to pick up stuff that you need to build things like axe and torch etc. Press L2 to bring up a list of stuff you have to build and things needed to build it.

Tip: Build lots of torches and a few traps, catch lots of food with traps and carrots as bait. Stay away from the pigs and bees and everything else that looks nasty and lastly try not to forget where you put stuff and good luck lol.

Associate
I found Don't Starve very similar to Minecraft in a way, kept picking stuff up, wasn't sure what to do, then found the menu on the left with L2, found I can craft stuff and then just progressed from there. Overall so far found it quite fun to play.

Soldato
You have to pick up stuff that you need to build things like axe and torch etc. Press L2 to bring up a list of stuff you have to build and things needed to build it.

Tip: Build lots of torches and a few traps, catch lots of food with traps and carrots as bait. Stay away from the pigs and bees and everything else that looks nasty and lastly try not to forget where you put stuff and good luck lol.

Cook the carrots and eat them for yourself. Place the traps directly over the bunny holes = no need for bait :) The pigs are harmless until night time when they turn into were-pigs. If you feed them they become your friend and help cut down trees and fight nasties. If you feed them veg they poop manure to fertilise your farm with.

Back
Top Bottom