*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
I'm interested in finding this out myself. Had a 30 minute run on the game and like others found the map eventually at the end which made it more viable.
But going to look into what exactly you unlock to build etc as after 30 minutes I felt like It was already getting really boring.

I love playing Terraria and put about 18 hours into that a year ago so hopefully this game has more options.

Do the new characters you unlock offer anything different?

You can save and quit any time. Once you die it is game over though. There are ways to be reincarnated if you can find them. The new characters do offer new attributes. Like the next one is a girl who carries a zippy lighter.

Soldato
You can save and quit any time. Once you die it is game over though. There are ways to be reincarnated if you can find them. The new characters do offer new attributes. Like the next one is a girl who carries a zippy lighter.

OK cool I never looked as I just nipped on for half and hour then had to go do something else but I died anyway after putting the controller down when it went dark

I'll give it a few more goes and see how I get on with it. Could be a little time filler to jump back to and see how long I can survive for with little 10-15 minute bursts.

I did find my inventory filled up really fast though and had to drop a load of stuff. Didn't have a use for 90% of it anyway like.

Caporegime
There is rope somewhere - I found some on a dead person, he also had a backpack that extended my inventory. Its definitely a game to play in spurts after getting a decent base camp together.

What are people strategies to begin with? Only played it once and got upto day 10 I think and all I did was setup a main camp with the rock fire thing and then just gathered everything while I left as many traps over rabbit holes as possible that I would collect just before dark to murder, cook and eat.

I was gonna try and build another camp elsewhere but happened upon some dragon thing stealing my crap so I guess I need to build a weapon as I doubt the axe or pickaxe are useful for that.

I enjoyed the game, its just a bit grindy at the start and then once youve established if you dont have an idea what you wanna do I guess it could get samey quite easily. I think you can plant seeds and stuff no?

Need to work out what all the stuff can do that you collect and whats safe to leave behind at camp. I need to kill that dragon dude - and wtf is that ghost blob thing?!?

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
well aside from all the light going out I haven't actually died. I setup a fire near some pig people houses and they ate the food in my traps and then did a poop.
I went into a wormhole which took me to a spider place, killed a few with my axe and then retreated as I din't want to die. Only started finding breakable rocks a bit later. Are the maps different all the time or is it the same one?

Soldato
What is the middle resource needed for a spear? I get the twigs/logs and flint but it looks like rope and I've not seen any.

You need one of those science lab things that you make with gold and other parts. There you can refine grass into rope.

There is rope somewhere - I found some on a dead person, he also had a backpack that extended my inventory. Its definitely a game to play in spurts after getting a decent base camp together.

What are people strategies to begin with? Only played it once and got upto day 10 I think and all I did was setup a main camp with the rock fire thing and then just gathered everything while I left as many traps over rabbit holes as possible that I would collect just before dark to murder, cook and eat.

I was gonna try and build another camp elsewhere but happened upon some dragon thing stealing my crap so I guess I need to build a weapon as I doubt the axe or pickaxe are useful for that.

I enjoyed the game, its just a bit grindy at the start and then once youve established if you dont have an idea what you wanna do I guess it could get samey quite easily. I think you can plant seeds and stuff no?

Need to work out what all the stuff can do that you collect and whats safe to leave behind at camp. I need to kill that dragon dude - and wtf is that ghost blob thing?!?

If you build a shovel you can uproot grass tufts, berry bushes and twigs to take back to your base camp and replant. You need to fertilise grass and berries with poop though.

Caporegime
If you build a shovel you can uproot grass tufts, berry bushes and twigs to take back to your base camp and replant. You need to fertilise grass and berries with poop though.
Excellent - so can you make your base camp anywhere then? I think I saw some stills where someone looked like they had some buildings or something and wondered if thats something to find first.

Dno how to build a shovel though, dont think I unlocked it. Ill give it a better go after the weekend. Just need to survive long enough first to secure resources properly (damn frogs and bees pack a punch :p)

Back
Top Bottom