*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Re2 is so good, I'm a few hours into it. I played and completed the original many years ago, more than once I'm guessing, but this feels all new to me. I'm actually struggling a bit, finding it quite difficult to shrug off Mr X.

Yeah - I played Leon on first play through and found Mr X tedious. But you can make it easier on yourself by clearing zombies out of areas early on. I pretty much dropped them all except the lickers.

Made moving around to get away from Mr X a lot easier.

Soldato
Been playing god of war(2018) on PS4 pro my god this game is stunning, also my first gow game, it's great

Don't know why I avoided it so long, loving it so far

Soldato
I've got one of the early ps4 Pros and it can get very loud. Has anybody lashed up additional cooling to help, I'm wondering about trying to position some fans to suck the air out the back.

Soldato
I've got one of the early ps4 Pros and it can get very loud. Has anybody lashed up additional cooling to help, I'm wondering about trying to position some fans to suck the air out the back.

It's unlikely to achieve anything, the issue will be dust clogging the very tightly-packed heatsink fins and the thermal paste/pads becoming less effective over time. Both those things would require a teardown to remedy.

A can of compressed air into the rear and side vents might help a bit but the PSU is in the way so it's impossible to actually clear out the heatsink properly without dismantling the console first.

If you scroll to Step 7 here, in the second image you can see the PSU towards the back of the console (being lifted out), the heatsink and then the fan in front.
https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/PlayStation+4+Pro+Teardown/72946

Soldato
It's unlikely to achieve anything, the issue will be dust clogging the very tightly-packed heatsink fins and the thermal paste/pads becoming less effective over time. Both those things would require a teardown to remedy.

A can of compressed air into the rear and side vents might help a bit but the PSU is in the way so it's impossible to actually clear out the heatsink properly without dismantling the console first.

If you scroll to Step 7 here, in the second image you can see the PSU towards the back of the console (being lifted out), the heatsink and then the fan in front.
https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/PlayStation+4+Pro+Teardown/72946
Cheers, ill give it a go when i get chance. Its just wierd only somr games do it, i thought it was maybe no fps cap in certain areas, as theres times that the thing is whisper quiet.

Soldato
Cheers, ill give it a go when i get chance. Its just wierd only somr games do it, i thought it was maybe no fps cap in certain areas, as theres times that the thing is whisper quiet.

Yeah I find the same, the Modern Warfare main menu turns my PS4 Pro into a turbine (more so than in actual gameplay), mostly because of all the smoke/transparency effects. RDR2 did it occasionally too.

Soldato
Anyone else get the back button attachment? I got it at the weekend and really like it.

I got one, I'm still undecided as to whether it's a help or hindrance. They've done the best they can with it but I find when gripping the controller it makes it feel quite a bit thicker and my hands end up cramping slightly after a while.

That said, I've only used it a couple of times so hopefully I'll get used to it.

Caporegime
Spent a few hours babysitting this morning so put the kid on PS Now. Worked flawlessly. On the small screen I set the PS4 up on (22") it looked really crisp with no artifacting. Couldn't really tell it was 720p. Now going to take it for a spin on PC which wasn't that great last time I tried it.

Don
Spent a few hours babysitting this morning so put the kid on PS Now. Worked flawlessly. On the small screen I set the PS4 up on (22") it looked really crisp with no artifacting. Couldn't really tell it was 720p. Now going to take it for a spin on PC which wasn't that great last time I tried it.

I also signed up for a month of Now, I'm still dubious with the saves and not having PSN+. They refuse to play LBP3 now as they've done it twice and both times it hasn't saved their progress, no fault on their side.

Caporegime
I also signed up for a month of Now, I'm still dubious with the saves and not having PSN+. They refuse to play LBP3 now as they've done it twice and both times it hasn't saved their progress, no fault on their side.

Yes they really need to implement free cloud savings and stop being such greedy gits. No other platform charges for this.

Back
Top Bottom