*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Associate
Any recommendations on racers? Ordered dirt 2.0. Tried out gran turismo sport just going through my drivers licence. Take it assetto corsa competizione is locked to 30fps like xbox? Plays so choppy on xbox.

Soldato
Though my main focus is on PC gaming at the moment, I was pleasantly surprised by the recent Ratchet and Clank giveaway.

Such a great game, really enjoying it.

Yeah I am loving it too.

Speaking of which the new batch of Play at Home games are available in the UK/EU from tomorrow.

Abzu
Enter the Gungeon
Rez Infinite
Subnautica
The Witness

Astro Bot Rescue Mission
Moss
Thumper
Paper Beast

Always wanted to give Subnautica a go and I adore Rez but I've never had a go at Infinite so I'll definitely be giving that a shot. I don't have VR but I'll take 5 free games any day.

Soldato
Extreme bumpage…
I replaced the hdd in my PS4 Pro the other week with a 1tb Crucial MX500, and have been pretty happy with the results.
Have quite a few games I want to play through, but loading times were just a little too extreme.
Has anyone here done this? I saw mixed feedback online, but it’s definitely been worth the small cost.

Soldato
Extreme bumpage…
I replaced the hdd in my PS4 Pro the other week with a 1tb Crucial MX500, and have been pretty happy with the results.
Have quite a few games I want to play through, but loading times were just a little too extreme.
Has anyone here done this? I saw mixed feedback online, but it’s definitely been worth the small cost.

Yep I had the same one in my PS4 Pro, it was great. Really helped with load times in most games, though some not so much e.g. Metro Exodus load times were still excruciating, but others like RDR2 were much quicker. I use that drive for PS4 game storage with my PS5 now.

Soldato
Well I've dusted off my PS4. Haven't turned it on for almost 3 years.

Got back into PC gaming during that time and also moved house, so it got boxed up and never re-opened.

I work from home primarily now so spend most of the day sat at my desk in the spare room on my work laptop and monitor, so last thing I feel like doing is going back up there to spend more time sat in front of a monitor.

So I can now kick back on the sofa a couple of times a week in the evening and play through the games I've missed. Good thing is games are nice and cheap, so picked up Spiderman and LOU2 for £30 combined. There's a load of other games I've missed out on.

Would love a PS5 but availability is poor and price is high. So I've got a load of games to catch up on and hopefully in that time, the stock and pricing situation should improve.

Associate
My daughter PS4 Pro is now sounding like a jet engine. Is there any replacement fans to reduce the noise?
Stock fans are fine as long as you keep the system clean and replace the thermal paste especially with the older pro models. I've done mine twice in 3 years and its very quiet. Changing the fan on its own rarely helps.

Associate
Just brought a 1TB SSD to install into my old fat PS4. Spontaneously went into Game to other day and picked up Control, BF Hardline, Division 2 and AC Valhalla for about £30 all in (AC was £20). I've also still got to play Days Gone, AC Odyssey, Horizon and finish off Mass Effect Andromeda (which oddly enough, I've had a blast with). That should see be through for a couple of years at least haha.

Back
Top Bottom