1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: *** The Official Playstation 5 (PS5) PRE ORDERS/DELIVERY Thread ***

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by BMox81, 16 Apr 2019.

?

Which PS5 Version will you likely buy?

1. Digital Only Version

149 vote(s)
    17.0%
  2. UHD Optical Version

521 vote(s)
    59.3%
  3. Unlikely to buy either

209 vote(s)
    23.8%
  1. Noxia

Sgarrista

I have the charger on backorder stock expected Dec 14th. You can get it from CPC. No need to pay extra. Although I do question why I really need one when I have plenty of chargers around.

2. Rroff

Man of Honour

IIRC you have 7 days from point of purchase until it is automatically refunded/cancelled. But if the stock count was incorrect or whatever guess who'd be the loser out - I'd try and pick that up sooner than later if you've got confirmation it is available.

EDIT: Actually I think you can extend your click and collect window: "You can extend your online collection window in the Recent Orders section of Your Account."

Even a hundred is probably optimistic - lot of stock has gone to staff at the various retailers - probably only dozens will have made it to retail.

Last edited: 3 Dec 2020
  3. Earth[Tera].bin

Wise Guy

Tried to get my brother one. Had it reserved then had to bloody edit my address for his card verification and bam, the site got a 404 lol.

Sods law.

4. byeo

Mobster

Sorry I should have made it clear, my confirmation email said I can collect it from Wednesday 9th but will receive a confirmation text once it’s ready.

5. darrant1234

Gangster

Thanks managed to order one using this. Email saying for 18th December. Did it for a bloke at work too. You might have just saved his Xmas as his son wanted one. Cheers

6. kurosagi01

Hitman

Best of luck to everyone that managed to secure one today, hopefully we shall be blessed with PS5s when they dispatch.
    Mine shows TBC on Game which is depressing with no estimate delivery date lol.

7. TheHitMan-1973

Wise Guy

All i want is PS5 DualSense Charging Station , they are even harder to find then a console

8. uvarvu

Mobster

Yep it’s well annoying. However CPC appear to let you pre-order unlike the other websites so I’ve ordered through them.

9. ralv585

Wise Guy

No worries mate, hopefully we manage to get these by the 18th or sooner!

10. chrcoluk

Soldato

100%

11. TheHitMan-1973

Wise Guy

If i remember PS4 orders was never like this , so why is it such a nightmare with PS5 orders

12. dakaiez

Soldato

PS4 wasn't released during a global virus pandemic with loads of countries going into lock down with factory's closing.

That and scalpers are out like crazy with the little amount of stock that did get released.

13. chrcoluk

Soldato

combination of scalpers (even on here most people are ordering more than one), and retailers refusing to do unlimited pre orders.

we need OCUK to start selling them, they the only retailer I know that let people pre order and just wait instead of the nonsense going on now.

14. ZG002

Capodecina

Supply and demand.

PS4 sold 1 million units on launch day apparently.

PS5 is being reported as over 2 million sold on launch day.

I honestly think with current demand Sony just have no hope of keeping up.

15. ZG002

Capodecina

By reports, twice as much stock was released over that at ps4 launch.

16. dakaiez

Soldato

That's a surprise if i'm honest, although I still believe if this year wasn't as it was and was like any other year more would have been available.

17. XeNoN89

Sgarrista

18. ralv585

Wise Guy

19. mmj_uk

Capodecina

Scalpers are taking advantage of the situation retailers are creating, they know that if they gobble up all of the stock that is slowly trickling out with bots etc the demand for their rip-off priced consoles will still be there. If regular people could simply pre-order they'd be less inclined to pay Ebay prices out of despair, prices would soon fall and the scalpers would stop hoovering up additional stock.

Last edited: 3 Dec 2020
  20. Witcher1980

Hitman

Some guy on ebay is selling the series x for 750, he has sold 212 already. How is that even happening?