• Digital Only Version

Votes: 170 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 659 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.6%

• Total voters
Soldato
Just been doing some investigation into wireless headsets for the PS5, in case the 3D pulse doesn't come back into stock - one thing I'd want is a physical chat/game mix dial, which the pulse 3d has.

Seems very hard to find ones with this as any that have it use the USB and optical, which means an extra £35 for the Astro HDMI adapter.

Even then, only the Steelseries Pro wireless have that feature for playstation, which is a £300+ set up...

I'll have a working setup for launch (with no mic except the controller mic) using my DT 990 pros either into my monitor headphone out via hdmi audio, or straight into the controller (but I'm not expecting that to be loud enough) or if I'm lucky, via USB from the PS5 to my Fiio K3 amp.

Definitely want a wireless set to go alongside my regular headphones though so will need to jump on a set of pulse 3d's when they come back in stock!

Soldato
Just been doing some investigation into wireless headsets for the PS5, in case the 3D pulse doesn't come back into stock - one thing I'd want is a physical chat/game mix dial, which the pulse 3d has.

Seems very hard to find ones with this as any that have it use the USB and optical, which means an extra £35 for the Astro HDMI adapter.

Even then, only the Steelseries Pro wireless have that feature for playstation, which is a £300+ set up...

I'll have a working setup for launch (with no mic except the controller mic) using my DT 990 pros either into my monitor headphone out via hdmi audio, or straight into the controller (but I'm not expecting that to be loud enough) or if I'm lucky, via USB from the PS5 to my Fiio K3 amp.

Definitely want a wireless set to go alongside my regular headphones though so will need to jump on a set of pulse 3d's when they come back in stock!

I used to use DT770 with a Vmoda boom pro, I had them converted to accept any 3.5mm cable.

Soldato
I'm happy with my 2x spiderman games, both with ray racing, with a total of 35+hrs playing time for just the main story missions, for £58.

Which I'll be doing a lot of, I put 75hrs into completing RDR2, but other than that I've not played a single console game since 2011/2012, on the PS3.

Horizon Zero Dawn
God of War
Days Gone
Doom Eternal
Borderlands 3
Infamous Second Son
Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End
Batman: Arkham Knight
Battlefield 1
No Man's Sky
Destiny

And then the actual PS5 games:
Miles Morales
Spiderman Remastered
Bugsnax
And whatever PS+ games are free in the next few months...

Yeah, I've got PLENTY to be getting on with! :D
Don't sleep on Detroit: Become Human and The Last Guardian also coming through PS+ Collection. Both amazing. Agreed though there is a ton of stuff to play.

Soldato
Don't sleep on Detroit: Become Human and The Last Guardian also coming through PS+ Collection. Both amazing. Agreed though there is a ton of stuff to play.
Yeah those are the main ones out the PS+ collection that are interesting me, but I'll play the others too, if I can find the time!

BL3 and Doom I really want to play and both are getting a PS5 patch at some point so will pick those up cheap at some point in the next few months.

Soldato
I may be misreading the above but is this suggesting Detroit: Become Human and The Last Guardian are coming to PS+? If so, we've already had Detroit: Become Human on PS+ so is it likely that would be repeated? I'd def want The Last Guardian to be on offer though.

Soldato
I may be misreading the above but is this suggesting Detroit: Become Human and The Last Guardian are coming to PS+? If so, we've already had Detroit: Become Human on PS+ so is it likely that would be repeated? I'd def want The Last Guardian to be on offer though.

Yeah,

It's part of the ps + collection

• Batman: Arkham Knight
  • Battlefield 1
  • Bloodborne
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops III - Zombie's Chronicles Edition
  • Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
  • Days Gone
  • Detroit: Become Human
  • Fallout 4
  • Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition
  • God of War
  • Infamous Second Son
  • Monster Hunter World
  • Mortal Kombat X
  • Persona 5
  • Ratchet and Clank
  • Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
  • The Last Guardian
  • The Last of Us Remastered
  • Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
  • Until Dawn

Soldato
Shoot! The Last Guardian was on PS+!?!? How the hell did I miss that!

Looking at that list above. I think I've balls'd up here and missed loads of classics!

*Goes to recheck*

Man of Honour
Personally I'm considering either a 1tb SATA SSD or a 5TB USB HDD.

Both are similar money at £80-90. The SSD would be quicker but the HDD would mean I never need to worry about storage issues again and I can use it for backup of PS5 games as well if required. I'm feeling like the larger capacity hard drive is the better option at the moment.

If I'm playing a PS4 game frequently enough for the load times to be a nuisance I can always move it to the PS5's internal storage.

You can’t use an external drive to store PS5 games, not even for cold storage.

Soldato
You can’t use an external drive to store PS5 games, not even for cold storage.

Ah, k. I assumed it would be possible to offline them as a backup. That makes an external drive for PS4 games even more essential IMO. Will probably order a 5tb USB HDD next week so I have it at launch.

Man of Honour
Now that you have said that its got me thinking.....PS5 will be great way to replay ps4 games the way they were meant to be.

Playing the best last generation games with perfect performance is a big benefit of the next generation consoles for me. Very few games this generation ran with acceptable frame rate and resolution.

Back
Top Bottom