• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Iv tracked my order with them and it says '' Your order has been placed. We'll contact you to arrange a convenient day and time for delivery (except for items which are delivered free by post).''

But I did also pre order an extra controller and pulse 3d headset and have gotten text to say royal mail and dpd will deliver those
I got a text message from them - they are sending via dpd along with a tracking number. :)

Just waiting for the Amamzon one for some movement. (One for myself/mrs and the other for my step daughter) orignally we was preorering on for my step daughter but I got the Amazon one by sheer chance so intend on keeping that one too. :)

Soldato
TV wise what’s everyone gone for? Or be using?
I’ve got a 1080p so need to upgrade ideally, seen a few people mention the CX OLED or the Nano.

2.1 120hz worth getting right now? Suppose it would future proof for when the ps5 does hit that.

Any other recommendations that maybe won’t be as expensive as the CX range? Any suggestions for full 4K monitor?

LG C9

Associate
I’ve got a 1080p so need to upgrade ideally, seen a few people mention the CX OLED or the Nano.

2.1 120hz worth getting right now? Suppose it would future proof for when the ps5 does hit that.

Any other recommendations that maybe won’t be as expensive as the CX range? Any suggestions for full 4K monitor?

Sony XF9005.

Recently sent back a LG 48CX which had a faulty panel, will likely purchase it again or the 55CX.

Caporegime

Keeping my LG C8, it's 60hz @ 4K which I think will be enough until some sets with decent VRR come out. I'm reading problems with VRR with the C9 and CX so im holding out until the 2021 sets come out. Might not even bother upgrading when that happens as in the whole I'm very happy with the TV.

Man of Honour
Keeping my LG C8, it's 60hz @ 4K which I think will be enough until some sets with decent VRR come out. I'm reading problems with VRR with the C9 and CX so im holding out until the 2021 sets come out. Might not even bother upgrading when that happens as in the whole I'm very happy with the TV.

I believe that also supports 1080p120, which is ideal for high frame rates as the PS5 doesn't support 1440p120.

Associate
Weird, I haven't had any communication from Argos and I'm sure I would have been one of the first to pre-order, they took payment straight away too. I checked on the website and it says order in progress. Maybe it's because I ordered the digital edition and they don't have any stock.

Mine was for the disc version so could be that they have not got stock of the digital version yet. Typing in the tracking info into DPD says it does not exist as of yet.

Soldato
It wasn’t a problem with the Switch so I doubt going back from the PS5 controller will be a big hullabaloo.

Going back to FPS games that don’t use motion controls is painful though, both on the PS4 and XBox One. The insane amount of auto aim they have to add to compensate for the lack of control makes you feel like the game is playing itself.

I hope that all PS5 FPS games support it, and it’s idiotic that Microsoft still don’t have motion controls.

Maybe but then as reviews have pointed out, the Switch version was basically the 'lite' version. I didn't even notice it had it and I certainly don't recall it having analogue triggers with varying resistance.

Soldato
I was happy to see that Ill be able to get 4k/120hz on my Samsung Q85R after watching the digital foundry review, 4:2:0 colour is supported in the options.

Good news for last year samsung owners with suitable TV's.

Soldato
I have the 65 C8 with an excellent panel no way I'm playing the panel lottery. I wait till next gen before thinking of upgrading unless it breaks or becomes faulty.

Caporegime
I was happy to see that Ill be able to get 4k/120hz on my Samsung Q85R after watching the digital foundry review, 4:2:0 colour is supported in the options.

Good news for last year samsung owners with suitable TV's.
I have the same TV. Still a shame there’s no VRR on the console though. Surely will be added via FW update before too long.

Back
Top Bottom