• Digital Only Version

Votes: 170 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 659 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.6%

• Total voters
Soldato
If you buy a scalped PS5 of of the bay, what happens if it dies? Are you screwed without an invoice in your name?

You would struggle I think. Most retailers will only refund to the original invoice holder. It would make it quite a bit harder to deal with, especially if you had absolutely no proof of purchase.

Permabanned
Unfortunately it's the world we live in today, consumed by objects and greed takes over. You only have to read this thread to prove both points.
Amazon said if it doesn't turn up tomorrow I'll be refunded. So who knows.

Long story short. Should been here Thursday. Random message last on afternoon saying delivered, nothing at my house, nothing at neighbours, in the bins etc. Reported it to amazon didn't get anywhere. Wake up Friday to see the news and reddit suggesting this is a huge issue. So who knows. I'd rather the Co sole but that won't happen.

Associate
Curry's seem to be sending out despatch emails now for those that ordered in the middle of the night on the 19th. Apparently my PS5 should be here Monday.

Currys just cancelled my order i made at 7:26am. I wasn't expecting it go through but i received no email saying it was cancelled and i still have the £449 payment still pending with Paypal.

I had the payment still pending for over a week with Costco for my 55" CX tv but i knew that was happening. My problem now is that Currys have no record of my order and have forgot to cancel the payment as well as the order.

I have contacted Currys as to when the pending payment will be cancelled but have they inadvertently wiped all evidence of my cancelled order? It is Currys we are talking about here :D

Soldato
its always for the kids each, cousins, uncles daughters grandpa, you never get anyone saying I bought 7, 6 are for auction
That's what I thought as well, glad I didn't bother at all this time round. Seeing the games on offer put me off as well not a single game I want at release. I'll wait until about June next year.

Associate
After not bothering with a PS4 I am finding the PS5 amazing. Got several games installed already and I am going get external ssd just for the PlayStation plus collection.

I am totally blown away by Spider-Man remastered, prob best game I have played in last few years. Coldwar is decent and runs well and I hope to get into MP over coming days.

My friends are gutted they could not got hold of a PS5 so I am telling them to put there money towards 4K Oled while they wait.

Associate
After not bothering with a PS4 I am finding the PS5 amazing. Got several games installed already and I am going get external ssd just for the PlayStation plus collection.
Same here, psplus collection is great to play some top PS4 games. Installed God of War, Infamous, Bloodborne, Until dawn and some others but won't touch them until I'm done with Demons souls and Spiderman.
That's a lot of games to play through don't think I'll be using my PC for a while after Cyberpunk.

Associate
I love the PS5 more as the days go by due to figuring out how it works. The controller is a game changer imo without exaggerating.

I turned off the haptics in Cold War because it felt strange at first but that's the whole point and it has transformed my play style to take my time which has improved my aim.

Also the audio through the controller is very good. I expected to use my AV receiver primarily but I have been using headphones instead.

My controller didn't charge the first time when plugged in the front but it's all good now. I bought a Venom charger which looks ace next to the PS5.

My PC is going to take a serious break for a bit.

Associate
So they should repair stolen goods without question too?
Yes, they should. The purpose of asking for an invoice is to determine if the warranty period is expired, not to ensure a tiny fraction of stolen faulty consoles don't get repaired. Besides, there are far more effective methods of finding or locking stolen consoles, they have unique serial numbers and are almost certain to be connected to the internet.

Last edited:
Associate
Managed to install and update a disc version of COD Modern Warfare, and done a fair bit of gaming last night.

Have tried to play this morning, and now getting the error "can't start the game or app". To start the game or app using this disc, delete the game or app from your ps5 and then insert the disc again"

Soldato
The 3D Pulse headset as expected is vastly improved on the PS5 - the sound wasn't great on the PS4. Now though it is very good. You have to tinker with some settings to get the best 'height' for your ears but once you get it right it's pretty damn good of a £90 wireless headset. Demon's Souls sounds amazing and that fire dragon on the bridges part was incredible.

I played Valhalla for a few hours and it looks and plays beautifully. Stunning to look at. I've dropped it though because I want to finish Odyssey first.

Apex Legends got a nice resolution boost and it's now buttery smooth.

Back
Top Bottom