• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
I've got a spare M2 1tb drive. I was going to sell it but thought I may as well keep to see if it works on the ps5. I'll use it for less frequently played games

Caporegime
Insomniac games have said they have tested the SSD expansions with Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart

tldr:

If your SSD meets the 5500Mbps read speed requirement, ratchet and clank performs and loads exactly the same as using the internal drive.

Insomniac also tested drivers that were less than 5500Mbps and noticed 15% slower load times

https://twitter.com/fitzymj/status/1420825600080551943

That means the Corsair MP600 won't work to optimum? It has Read Speeds of up to 4,950 MB/s and Write Speeds of up to 4,250 MB/s only. Only the PRO version does.

I would be happy if you install a slower drive you could use it for PS4 games.

Yeah, like the XBSX, 4TB external on that one and I am not that bothered as much about expanding the internal.

Soldato
I would be happy if you install a slower drive you could use it for PS4 games.

It works for external drives, got a Samsung T7 and all my PS4 games happily run off that. Plus USB SSDs are still considerably cheaper than NVMe SSDs so if it's mainly your PS4 collection taking up space, for money's worth it's better to go for that.

Soldato
I can't decide whether to wait for the price of the 2TB to come down or just get the 1TB one now. With the state of the silicon at the moment and for the next year or more, the price might not change or even go up further.

£165 for the WD Black SN850…Hmmmmm

I thought you was happy with external spindle?

Soldato
You can doubt all you want. It's 189quid on this website lol. Are you able to use Google?
your original comment was about a complaint about why Sony didnt do it sooner

that same drive would have been nearer £400 + when the ps5 was released last year.

the price NOW is exactly why Sony have started enabling it

Well done for changing your arguement half way through the discussion

Associate
Sony fans criticised Microsoft for their proprietary SSD, but it's the most consumer friendly by far! Now they are justifying the costly NVMe drives despite arguing that Microsoft's plug and play solution was expensive! Double standards much?

Associate
Sony fans criticised Microsoft for their proprietary SSD, but it's the most consumer friendly by far! Now they are justifying the costly NVMe drives despite arguing that Microsoft's plug and play solution was expensive! Double standards much?

Sony fans are criticising Microsoft for a lot, who actually seem to be knocking it out the park so far this gen. Glad I own both though tbh.

Soldato
It’s all a bit it might work or it might not. Sony say if you have issues install on internal. Having a proprietary plug in module although expensive is a much better option for the average consumer. I imagine once out of Beta you will get Sony approved drives with some kind of logo to show it will work but the whole process is a mess at the moment. Tbh at the moment the lack of PS5 games makes it all a bit pointless really.

Soldato
What headsets are people using? The Pulse 3D or I see the Steelseries Arctic 7 also works which also works with the switch and PC as well. Thought that might be a better overall package to use it across multiple devices?

I've got the Pulse 3D and they work on Switch too, just plug in and play, not tried on PC though.

Caporegime
Not had issues with the band but the ear cups aren't that comfortable, but then I wear glasses so I'd probably experience the same with any over ear set.

i have notice the ear cups on the Sony is smaller, I love Sony’s audio headphones generally but the design on the pulse, from the look of it doesn’t look as comfortable. The Steelseries looks closer to Sennheiser’s ear cups which is what I find most comfortable with a longer ear pads…hmmm good for thought.

Soldato
Is a nvme drive and heat sink of a similar cost? I'd have thought the propietry version would be more (although not sure what speed the xbox plug in uses, I'm assuming the ps5 will max the speed).

Back
Top Bottom