• Digital Only Version

Votes: 170 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 659 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.6%

• Total voters
Soldato
Still can't decide on a wireless headset.

Sony Pulse 3d - Good price, uncomfortable.
Steelseries Artic 7p - Looks comfory, but Micro USB? What is this?
Syn Air - Non-replaceable ear pads? Just no.
Astro A50 - Overkill? Too heavy?

What would you guys get? I've ruled out the Sony because i am kind of regretting on my Xbox headsets for not being that comfortable...but I will have to live with it.

It's a difficult one as quite a personal thing.

Do you have any stores nearby where you might be able to try some on?

Otherwise I'd buy the one which appealed to me the most from somewhere with a decent returns policy and give them a go. If no good then return and try the next one.

Caporegime
It's a difficult one as quite a personal thing.

Do you have any stores nearby where you might be able to try some on?

Otherwise I'd buy the one which appealed to me the most from somewhere with a decent returns policy and give them a go. If no good then return and try the next one.

Of all the headphones I've owned, my absolute favourite, hands down is the Sennheiser HD580/600. They are by far the most comfortable and best sounding, they are light, massive drivers and fantastic soundstage. In terms of ear cups design, I am leaning towards anything like that so the Artic 7p fits that bill. It's only the micro-usb part that irks me, which seems weird as the dongle it comes with is USB-C, even the Astro uses Micro USB. Shame as I think the Arctic 7p is the best price vs value vs performance out of the lot.

Last edited:
Soldato
I like the Pulse 3D head set as well. Suits me perfectly. Sure they are not as nice as a £300 set of headphones but for £90 they are decent. I like how they take over the audio automatically when you switch them on. No fuss and pretty comfortable even on my big head.

Soldato

What would you guys get? I've ruled out the Sony because i am kind of regretting on my Xbox headsets for not being that comfortable...but I will have to live with it.
I have found the pulse 3d to be perfectly comfortable. Much better then the golds.

Soldato

I reused my Razer Thresher 7.1s from the PS4 - they work flawlessly, and I didn't need the use the toslink cable to the USB adapter to get surround sound - handy as the PS5 doesn't have optical out :D The 3D audio feature sounds amazing too, once you use the settings to position it correctly.

Highly recommended, but I'm no audiophile, so they might sound gash to others.

Soldato
I have some Turtle Beach stealth 700 gen 2 headphones which i have working via a Bluetooth dongle Avantree DG80 but i am finding after the latest PS5 update the volume level has become much lower than it was before even with the headphone level set to full.

Wondering if Sony have implemented some kind of volume limiter?

Soldato
I have some Turtle Beach stealth 700 gen 2 headphones which i have working via a Bluetooth dongle Avantree DG80 but i am finding after the latest PS5 update the volume level has become much lower than it was before even with the headphone level set to full.

Wondering if Sony have implemented some kind of volume limiter?

Never mind the volume level is back to normal again now so not sure what is going on :cry:

Soldato
It is interesting very offer 3-4 year warranties on many things, but their extended warranty package for ps5 is a bit of a joke 2 years. Wont pay for something that was standard before brexit.

Man of Honour
Finally ordered one, with additional controller and the headset. I've only been actively trying since yesterday so I'd call that a result.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom