****The Official Road Bicycle Gallery Thread****

Soldato
onol1Ke.jpg

Can't remember if I posted my bike recently with my changes.
eTap and Force 22 crankset.
New Prime training wheels with Vit Corsa's. Forgot how nice it is to run true wheels and decent tyres.

Soldato
After drilling the fork and adding a front brake, this is now technically a fixed-gear road bike.:D

BLv0nKJh.jpg

That is lovely!! How easy is it to drill out the front fork for some front brakes? Would love a Cinelli but I've also fallen in love with the BMC TrackMachine but would need to drill the forks for a front brake!

iVIe.jpg

Went out on Saturday for my longest ride so far. Did 37 miles in the end. Pretty sure I have it within me that I can hit 50 miles so that's the next milestone I aim aiming for.

That's actually a picture from a few weeks back. Have replaced the chain with a black Izumi chain since I took this photo.

Soldato
That is lovely!! How easy is it to drill out the front fork for some front brakes? Would love a Cinelli but I've also fallen in love with the BMC TrackMachine but would need to drill the forks for a front brake!

I think it depends on the fork. In some cases it might be easier to just replace the fork with a pre-drilled one.

My Cinelli fork was designed to be drilled if you wanted to run a brake so already had the guide hole. I just needed to use a drill with a HSS bit to get through the thin piece of aluminium.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I could have sworn I posted it there lol but looking up I was confused as to all the road bikes :D

Ta!

It will get dirty on Sunday btw!

Soldato
So I quite liked my old Felt frame and was quite upset when I wrote it off back in May. after a bit of a wait and searching I got another frame, but this time the FR1 and have built it up with Di2 and mostly parts stolen from my other bikes or out of my box of bits. Benefit of this is that I have my old frame taped up on my turbo and then this for nice summer days! Quick ride out on it tonight and forgot how nice the frame is to ride, and think this is even better with lighter bits everywhere.

OD2rzo9.jpg

Soldato
That is lovely. Loved Felt bikes and its a shame they are so little on the ground in the UK.

I'd buy an F frame second hand if they didn't hold their value so much. So racey and fast.

Soldato
Cheers, yep Jonny, wiggle/CRC killed them it seems in the UK. The paintjob on this one is lovely with a slight fleck in the sunlight and the FELT and downtube being exposed carbon.

It must be quick, smashed it round this morning, grabbing a KOM on the road which hasn't happened in a very long time, but reckon partly due to new bike syndrome :D Think I've got the position pretty much spot on (saddle nose down since that photo). Just over 8kg with saddle bag, rear light and Edge 1000! Should be just under when I swap out the pedals. Not too shabby, shame about the lump riding it :D Gotta make a few minor adjustments to the Di2, front isn't quite in the right place it seems.

Soldato
Deliberately ignoring the rules :D Think this is the plainest i've had a bike with just black outers etc for a long time, but seems to work well with the detail.

Soldato
It's dropped since the photo. I will take a photo next time I go out on it.

It's a nice colour, has a good fleck in it. Understated but with the detail bits really well done.

Back
Top Bottom